DMR favorite list question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
Got a question - I created a favorites list in Sentinel. In my favorites i have a channel for the local Sheriff. This freq is the same as the one under the Ga Dept of Public Safety - GSP Troop i. Freq is 154.115000. When scanner picks up the local Sheriff, scanner reads out the GSP Troop i data. And says it is DMR, and Color 1. If I delete the Ga Dept of Public Safety - GSP Troop i out of favorites, but leave the settings for the Sheriff county settings, I receive nothing.

The Sheriff freq, 154.115000, can be found in Sentinel database - USA - Georgia - Laurens - County Systems - Laurens - Laurens County.

The GSP freq, 154.115000, is located in - USA - Georgia - Laurens - State Wide - Ga Dept of Public Safety - GSP Troop i. Why do one work and the other don't? The local Police channels work fine. Any suggestions?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well since no one else has chimed in, I'll give it a thought, with the caveat that my DMR knowledge is minimal at best.

The GSP version of this frequency according to the FCC license is a mobile frequency and there are only 15 mobiles authorized on it. Other GSP mobile frequencies show 1,500 mobiles being authorized.

So I suspect that GSP doesn't use this frequency for much and that's why you don't hear anything on it GSP related.

The way the GSP version is listed in the database has no "filters" such as CTCSS or audio type. Probably because GSP doesn't use it much, no one has heard enough to figure out CTCSS for the frequency and submitted it to the database.

As such the GSP version is listening to "everything" and when the sheriff is transmitting, it shows up in the GSP area.

If you wanted a little more "peace of mind" you could edit your Favorites List and for that GSP entry for 154.115, you could change the audio type to Analog (under the audio option). That would effectively tell the scanner to disregard that sheriff's office stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.