BCD436HP/BCD536HP: dmr for sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

gents i am trying to program sarnia fire in as dmr i have seen on the rr data base that they operate on dmr can anyone give me any adviice on this i programmed it thru sentinel best i could still can,t pick them up

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
gents i am trying to program sarnia fire in as dmr i have seen on the rr data base that they operate on dmr can anyone give me any adviice on this i programmed it thru sentinel best i could still can,t pick them up

Do you have all four channels programmed as their own DMR Single-Freqency systems or did you group them all into one with 4 talkgroups? It might be easier if you can attach your sentinel fire so someone can take a look.

I900D658

yes i do have the upgrade, but my question is can i use sentenel and how do i do it in sentenel we in canada we don"t have digital mobile radio upgrade for our countys

wbswetnam

163.12500 BM CC 1
TG 15378494
SL 2 SFRS TAC 4 Sarnia Fire - TAC 4 DMR Fire-Tac
163.12500 RM CC 1
TG 15378492
SL 1 SFRS TAC 3 Sarnia Fire - TAC 3 (Dispatch) DMR Fire Dispatch
166.17000 RM CC 1
TG 15378490
SL 1 SFRS TAC 1 Sarnia Fire - TAC 1 DMR Fire-Tac
166.17000 BM CC 1
TG 15378491
SL 2 SFRS TAC 2 Sarnia Fire - TAC 2 DMR Fire-Tac

OK that's the data. In Sentinel, create a 'favorites' list, name it, then populate the fields with this data. Make sure that you enable the favorites list as a part of your scanning.

I900D658

ok i have created my favorites list sarnia fs named it sfs but do not see where i can put all this info in do you have a screen shot

wbswetnam

ok i have created my favorites list sarnia fs named it sfs but do not see where i can put all this info in do you have a screen shot

I've never tried to program a one-frequency DMR, but I think that these screenshots are correct on how its done. If not I'm sure someone will chime in!

Attachments

• Step1.jpg
    Step1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 747
  • Step2.jpg
    Step2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 711
  • Step3.jpg
    Step3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 747
  • Step4.jpg
    Step4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 728
  • Step5.jpg
    Step5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 725

I900D658

dmr programming

thanks for the screen shots it is much easer if actually see it. i got all info in and it is scanning just waiting to see if anything comes up

cheers

wbswetnam

I made the print kinda too small, my apologies. I hope it works for you. Keep in mind that just because something appears in the database, that does not mean that the system is actually working on those frequencies or in those modes. I have been trying to monitor a local volunteer fire department for more than a year now using the data in the RR database, and I've never heard a thing. It doesn't mean that the radio isn't working properly; it means that the data is wrong or out-of-date. I think that some people who post complaints in the RR Forum forget this, or they have unrealistic expectations of the radio's capabilities, or they forget the real estate all-important mantra about how "it's all about location, location, location" which applies to radios and their performance, too.

DataSquid

Don't forget to turn on ID Search for the system. Default is Scan so without any talk groups programmed, you'll receive nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

DataSquid

Don't forget to turn on ID Search for the system. Default is Scan so without any talk groups programmed, you'll receive nothing.

Screenshots finally loaded and I see they're there :). Still a good troubleshooting step to try if you've still not received anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.