DMR Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I've been messing around with the DMR capabilities on my 436 and 536 and I've come across a major issue that's been baffling me: When I enter a DMR system, the scanner will sometimes receive it and sometimes won't. I'll occasionally get a peep out of one, but with one or two exceptions, they'll be quiet. I've played with all sorts of different settings, and I have been unable to put my finger on any one thing that I'm doing wrong. I know these systems are active, but haven't been able to get them to work consistently. I also know I'm well within range of these systems, so reception isn't really the issue.

troymail

Silent Key
DMR on my 436 is pretty finicky... Can't help much on the 536 .. paying extra for one radio is more than enough... My 436 required either shielding on the battery door and/or an external antenna to really start hearing any DMR - unless I was on top of the transmitter.

Anyway -- when you do receive activity, how many bars are you seeing?

Are the systems/frequencies DMR, CON, CAP, etc?

Depending on the answer (if CON or CAP), try programming them as conventional or One Frequency and see what happens.

Just shooting in the dark here..

ecarvalho

Try P25 threshold set to manual 5 and if you have butel ARC536 software set it to manual 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Are you programming as conventional, One Frequency system, or MotoTRBO (Con,Cap, or DT3)? I've had similar issues using One Frequency systems. When I program as One Frequency I won't hear near the amount of traffic I hear when programmed as conventional. I have both the 436 and 536, and it's the same on both.

ecarvalho

as one frequency... so maybe my suggestion isn't going to help?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
as one frequency... so maybe my suggestion isn't going to help?

Sorry, I was asking the OP how he was programming. But, as to your suggestion, I have tried both manual 5 and manual 0. Neither make my situation any better. I actually think I hear more with threshold Auto and Digital Waiting Time set to 0 in ARC536.

gary123

For a one freq system the scanner is looking for a department and a TG. I posted a walkthrough on setting up a infreq system. if you look at my previous posts you should find it.

I had the same issue but once I got the TG in the system it works 100%.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've had pretty good decoding with Manual 5. Is Manual 0 that much better? I also notice that neither Sentinel or the scanner menu system allow settings lower than 5. Does a setting lower than 5 actually do anything?

Try P25 threshold set to manual 5 and if you have butel ARC536 software set it to manual 0.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I've had pretty good decoding with Manual 5. Is Manual 0 that much better? I also notice that neither Sentinel or the scanner menu system allow settings lower than 5. Does a setting lower than 5 actually do anything?

I didn't seem to do much for me. It did stay at 0 when uploaded back to ARC536.

Status
Not open for further replies.