DMR in NC

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I looked through that before but have not found anything active when I was looking.

There you go, it's called listener verification versus FCC data. It may be a case of your location also, some places may be using low power inside the business, and not repeaters, so unless you are within range you'll never know.

That said if you have a DMR/NXDN scanner set it on search for a week or two and see if they find anything.

KJ4LZM

No scanner. I am using 2 NooElect dongles with OpenEar. Not sure how to set up a scan that will record hits to determine what's in range though. Maybe SDR#?

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
450.2125/CC-1 testing loud and clear here near Spring Lake, NC Mabe the new Amazon warehouse, will monitor to confirm. ???

longbch

Mostly Scanner Listener, AM and SWL
Hello,

Like others, I'm wondering if unlocking DMR receive on my Uniden SDS scanner is worthwhile.

I've tried some of the local to Raleigh DMR frequencies for business like Chopper 11, etc. but have yet to hear anything on my Anytone 878. I have these settings enabled:

• DigiMoni Switch: Double Slot
  • DigiMoni CC: Any CC
  • DigiMoni Id: Any Id
  • Slot Hold: Off (I also tried On)
Are there any easy to receive DMR transmissions that I can hear from my home?

I actually live in Holly Springs and have also tried this page for finding frequencies: United States Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Frequency Search

Thanks,
Kelly

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
You may notice a lot of updates to the Fleettalk Carolinas system. With a few new sites coming online in South Carolina recently, I changed some site numbers to better reflect the system arrangement. These changes applied exclusively to sites in South Carolina. This is a change in the RR database to avoid duplicate site numbers, and doesn't mean there were changes to the radio system itself, other than the new sites coming online.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
You may notice a lot of updates to the Fleettalk Carolinas system. With a few new sites coming online in South Carolina recently, I changed some site numbers to better reflect the system arrangement. These changes applied exclusively to sites in South Carolina. This is a change in the RR database to avoid duplicate site numbers, and doesn't mean there were changes to the radio system itself, other than the new sites coming online.
Thanks for all the work you have done on this rather complex system!

Just as a heads up, I noticed that several of the sites in NC have no location associated with them. Most such sites have a FCC license listed, so the location is easily accessible. There are a few others where the location is just set to the center of the site's county, but that is not as big of a deal. The Fisher Peak site is set to the center of Alleghany County, but the site is actually in Surry County. If you want, I can put in a DB submission with the fixes if that would make life easier.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for all the work you have done on this rather complex system!

Just as a heads up, I noticed that several of the sites in NC have no location associated with them. Most such sites have a FCC license listed, so the location is easily accessible. There are a few others where the location is just set to the center of the site's county, but that is not as big of a deal. The Fisher Peak site is set to the center of Alleghany County, but the site is actually in Surry County. If you want, I can put in a DB submission with the fixes if that would make life easier.
Yes, please submit those corrections.

I fixed a few sites earlier today with no locations listed, but most of those were in SC.

longbch

Mostly Scanner Listener, AM and SWL
I'm trying to find DMR activity in Holly Springs, NC using my SDRPlay with the SDRUno software cabled to DSDPlus.

I've been hearing a frequency where I can't find any information from frequency searches, 463.775.

Today I heard a couple of radio checks, then I heard "I'm on the repeater, do you read me?" The reply mentioned Sky-5.

DSDPlus reported that this was a group call, TG=103105, slot 1. I also heard someone calling for a radio check on TG=103103, slot 1.

Kelly
AE4FG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Today I heard a couple of radio checks, then I heard "I'm on the repeater, do you read me?" The reply mentioned Sky-5.

Not WRAL and Sky-5, they are analog and in the 450 MHz range. There has been some strange going ons on DMR frequencies lately, especially the ABC11 DMR frequency.