DMR in NC

bonk83

Several scanners will do DMR but only Whistler TRX-1 or TRX-2 will do NXDN.

You could also use a USB stick and software like SDR Sharp on a PC.

can this be used with any scanner that has a outdoor antenna.
and are they a certain brand of usb stick and software

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
More unidentified DMR in the Winston-Salem area:

461.500 CC7 CAP "flow through the meter" utilities perhaps?
463.9625 CC11 "Signal 50"
463.900 CC1 hot work permits in some plant
463.425 CC1 ?
451.650 CC5 ?
463.400 CC2 Hotel security?
464.975 CC2 CAP encrypted
153.1625 CC13 CAP Surry-Yadkin EMC is licensed for this frequency
153.600 ??

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
SDR DSD+ class

Would it be possible that sometime in the Raleigh / Durham area, we can get together and have someone walk us through setting up SDR dongles, DSD+, SDR#, etc.? We could bring our new dongles and together download, install, and customize the software so everything works.

Sure, I could get the stuff and take several weeks to get up to speed. It would be great to have guidance doing it. And, we could all share ideas, best practices, etc. I'm just saying.

reconrider8

Best practice inmve found to use is get it setup with your offset then write a simple bat file and just edit the frequency before you run it

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Would it be possible that sometime in the Raleigh / Durham area, we can get together and have someone walk us through setting up SDR dongles, DSD+, SDR#, etc.? We could bring our new dongles and together download, install, and customize the software so everything works.

Sure, I could get the stuff and take several weeks to get up to speed. It would be great to have guidance doing it. And, we could all share ideas, best practices, etc. I'm just saying.

I would be interested in something like this as well. I have SDR# & Unitrunker figured out for finding unit ID's on Viper but DSD+ is a different story. I've pretty much given up on figuring out how to use DSD and revert back to my 436 for finding new DMR.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
South River Electric is now DMR MotoTrbo LCN info sent for posting, Dunn Harnett cumb co areas.

Last edited:

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
I have monitored 155.535/ DMR/CC-2 for several mornings Police Dispatches and other EMS/Fire dispatches that were analog dont even know if this is in NC but comes in lound and clear at times,this mite be a Police Dept on dmr in NC somewere???

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DMR 462.275 sound like could be in wake co area const trucks ??? working on roads mabe
There's a concrete supplier using DMR in the Wake Co area, I think either Sunrock or ST Wooten

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Picking up what appears to be a water or power co on 153.655 dmr her in cumberland co however it sounds like they are in another county

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Still trying to figure the 153.665 out mabe a power co talking wake,durham areas ect color code 10