DMR programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbasnett

I just recently upgraded to the DMR firmware and have tried reading the posts to help to figue out how to program the systems into the BCDx36HP radios with no success. Is there a programming document or a compiled set of instructions to help with this process?

All I have been able to do is program system(s) that I have found in "Conventional" to hear any audio; when programed as "One Freq" system or TRBO Capacity plus or Trunked system, I hear nothing. Spent 2 days with the radio in LCD discovery mode on an 800 system and got no LCD information what so ever, so I must assume that I am doing something wrong.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

FYI, I also went from the 1.11.15 public release to the updated beta 1.11.16 release based on things that I read from others, still with no success.

Steve

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I just recently upgraded to the DMR firmware and have tried reading the posts to help to figue out how to program the systems into the BCDx36HP radios with no success. Is there a programming document or a compiled set of instructions to help with this process?

All I have been able to do is program system(s) that I have found in "Conventional" to hear any audio; when programed as "One Freq" system or TRBO Capacity plus or Trunked system, I hear nothing. Spent 2 days with the radio in LCD discovery mode on an 800 system and got no LCD information what so ever, so I must assume that I am doing something wrong.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

FYI, I also went from the 1.11.15 public release to the updated beta 1.11.16 release based on things that I read from others, still with no success.

Steve

Sounds like you are having the same issue I am having. I programmed a county that has four sites all with one freq. When I scan it as a conventional I get more than 300 hits per site per day. When I program it as a One Frequency I get no hits.

I have a TGID entered, I also have ID search on. I programmed per the wiki using one freq because I see DMR when I do a search. I don't understand it.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have the service type enabled. Make sure you have the correct color code listed or have it set to search for color code. Make sure your time slots are correct for the TGID.

This is only a single frequency? I've found that if you have more than one frequency in a One Frequency system, transmissions get missed. A single frequency is much better.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
Service types check, CC is set to search, TS set to any.

A single freq may be better but it is a scanner. It is made to scan if that is the case I would rather listen to everything else and buy a MD380 for DMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Service types check, CC is set to search, TS set to any.

A single freq may be better but it is a scanner. It is made to scan if that is the case I would rather listen to everything else and buy a MD380 for DMR.

I agree, but, it is what it is. MD380 works well, but you can only scan 32 channels at a given time. Before DMR came out for the 436/536, I had 1 MD380, 1 CS700, 1 CS750, and 1 VX534 each scanning 32 channels. They don't scan as fast as the 436/536.

How many frequencies do you have in your One Frequency site? If more than one, add a site per frequency to the system. Keep one department for the TGID's. I've had better luck setting up One Frequency Systems this way.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I misunderstood you each site has one freq. one talk group for the county. I will use scanner for state wide TRS and MD380 for the one freq I need to monitor and change it as I move about the county.

AnikF1R

Premium Subscriber
I struggled with picking up tons of traffic on a conventional search, only to receive absolutely nothing in a MotoTRBO search. The solution that worked for me was to set my squelch to 0. I got at least one hit then. Installing a yagi with a preamp made it possible to pick up a lot more. I've since been able to set my squelch back to 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.