DMR/Provoice/NXDN upgrades for my 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauiblue

Aloha to all. I just received my new Uniden BCD436HP and updated the firmware and database. Now I am considering updating to the above mentioned options for this scanner. First off, I am a Ham and do work the different DMR talkgroups here in Hawaii (Maui in particular). Would it be worth getting the DMR and Provoice updates for my scanner? Also, in regards to the NXDN option, I don't know much about that mode and again the question would be if it would be worth installing this upgrade on my scanner.

Looking forward in hearing from the knowledgeable members here. Aloha and mahalo.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Register your 436 at my.uniden.com you can buy the updrades there.
NXDN $60.00 limited time left to get it for $30.00
DMR $60.00
PROVOICE $50.00 a waste unless you have PROVOICE systems in your area.
After you pay for each upgrade you enter the KEYS JUST AS YOU SEE THEM 1234-ABCD- including the -

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Note: when you initially register the scanner, you have to enter the serial number from the label on the back. SDS100 has the label in the battery compartment.

When you buy your first key, you have to enter the info from the scanner menu.

The menu data has to match the label. The keys are based on the scanner serial number, and if you enter the wrong number, they key you buy will only work on someone else's scanner.

mauiblue

Thanks all. I was able to purchase the DMR upgrade last night and have it activated. Is it worth getting the NXDN option? Again I'm on Maui. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

BC_Scan

Next visit to that great land I will be bringing my 436 with DMR/NXDN key and should I find new uncharted systems I will be submitting to DB, NXDN should not be ruled out, It tends to be business type comms and it is just another flavor of digital , so it depends on how strong the Kenwood/Icom brand has a foothold on the Islands for that flavor to be used. I agree Provoice do not spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.