DMR Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Don't know. I cannot get the new sentinel to the sentinel firmware on my computer.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
Have you entered the key using the scroll wheel and then pressed the "E" key on the keypad?

So if I understand UPMan I enter the key code manually following the directions at the link he provided. I have done that twice and it won't accept the code?
Thanks,
CP

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Also be sure to enter ALL of the characters in the upgrade keycode, including the dashes

SCPD

QRT
I extracted the sentinel. How do I get it to my Sentinel on my computer.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

cs0139

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I carefully, two times, entered all data including dashes and hit E when done. It shows processing then says wrong key information or words to that affect.
Thanks
CP

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
I have paid for the upgrade did the install on both entered my key, how ever I cant seem to get any dmr and I have suntalk in my area of florida as well dmr ham that I should be able to get from Lakeland and polk county, but it does not pick up anything can someone help?

z31jaime

Sentinel is not loading dmr into the scanner yet. Arc is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
This should be the correct and active link to the latest Sentinel: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade/DMR_Release.zip

By the way, it is linked to from my website (Digital Frequency Quick Import).

If you've been using the pre-release DMR, your Sentinel might already be this version, but it does not hurt to update the Sentinel software just to be sure.

In the .Zip file that you download, open "DMR_Release" -> "BCDx36HP_Sentinel_Version_1_07_03.zip -> "BCDx36HP_Sentinel_Version_1_07_03" -> and finally double click on "setup.exe"

A window, "Welcome to the BCDx36HP Sentinel Setup Wizard" should open. Select "Repair BCDx36HP Sentinel" and then "Finish." If you don't have Sentinel or the newest version, it may ask you something different. Go ahead and install.

Launch the new Sentinel. Either use a card reader or connect via USB to your scanner and use as Mass USB storage. In Sentinel, go to "Update" -> "Update Firmware." You should see the SD card for your scanner listed. If not, investigate connection and click "Refresh." You can select a card then click "Info" to make sure it is the right one and to read information about your scanner, such as its firmware version and the electronic serial number. Once you are sure you have the correct card, hit "OK" and it will either update or alert you that you already have the current version. You might need internet access to complete this step. I am unsure.

Insert your microSD card in the scanner. Power cycle the scanner to complete the upgrade.

Acquire a DMR key for your product from Uniden. myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area

Once you have the key, do the following:

1. Turn off scanner
  2. Turn on scanner
  3. Press "Menu"
  4. Use scroll wheel on left to go down about 15 spots until you find "Settings"
  5. Push scroll wheel to select
  6. Go down two to "Upgrade"
  7. Select "Upgrade DMR/MotoTRBO"
Enter the key including the dashes.

If you are unsure if your scanner is active for DMR, navigating to selecting "Upgrade DMR/MotoTRBO" will give you this message if it is active:

"DMR/MotoTRBO has already been activated.
Press any key "

After that, go to my website, download some frequencies for your area into Sentinel, transfer the list to your scanner, and you should be good to go.

z31jaime

Or that but some of the dmr polk county stuff is trunked so it ends up gargle loading it as conventional. I've been playing with it when I'm over there.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Trunked voice should not be garbled. It might not follow the conversation properly, but the audio should sound just fine when programmed as conventional.

Last edited:

z31jaime

Mine was till I programmed it as trunked on some systems.

dallascowboys

DMR public release

Good evening everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that when you update the firmware and enter your DMR key that is all you can do in Sentinel at this time, I found this out myself I read in post 2 that the actual DMR in the DB/Sentinel will be in maybe and I repeat maybe one or two weeks unless I read the post wrong. So if you are like me and not very good with a computer just hold on for a little longer and we also will get DMR. Thanks everyone for working so hard on DMR.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Alternatively, DMR information is already and has been available for weeks here: Digital Frequency Quick Import

It is mighty interesting that I started from scratch yet those making thousands of dollars off of us don't have their stuff together yet.

Flywheel17

Scanner hits - no activity

Basic question -

I load in the DMR frequencies for Travis County, TX and the scanner will just stop on Apple (there a a few Apple frequencies), but there is no activity. I scroll fwd, and it stops on the next Apple, no activity, etc.

The scanner is doing the for Apple and a couple other channels (Austin 18 Hotel and General Motors) - do I need to set some settings different than how it is being loaded? Here is what I am loading into Sentinel for AggieCon's website, (which is great, btw..) so these are loaded as conventional.

APPLE COMPUTER INC 30FB2 IG - 461.375000 Auto NAC/Color Code Search Custom 1 Off 1sec Off Blue / On 0 None Off

Just not that familiar with DMR and looking for some help. Thanks -

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
It's probably either data or a control channel.

The hotel you mention and GM are licensed as trunked. Apple has a ton of frequencies over multiple licenses. I suppose they are operating a trunked system too.

What does it do when you raise the squelch?

It's probably best to move these to the MotoTRBO program type, even though it is somewhat a pain. You should be able to copy just the frequencies from your conventional entries into the site of a new MotoTRBO system.

kb8rvp

I've moved the DMR Update firmware into public release. This means you can use the standard method for updating the firmware (using Sentinel).

The web pages reflect new pricing, but our IT guy has some other things on his plate, so it might take a day for the purchase process to reflect the increased price. So...really, really last chance to get in on DMR for $50.

Well so much for the last chance. I pulled the 536 scanner out of my car and got it registered and it's $60 now. Been loving the DMR upgrade on my 436 getting better every week.

Mike

mikev

Well so much for the last chance. I pulled the 536 scanner out of my car and got it registered and it's $60 now. Been loving the DMR upgrade on my 436 getting better every week.

Mike

Paul said it would be going up again once they get full database integration working... so you're still saving a little over the final final price. In a different topic he said that he expects (not a promise) it to happen around the beginning of October

D

DaveNF2G

Everyone who is still posting that they cannot get the upgrade to install, that Sentinel doesn't provide DMR info from the DB, or any other such troubles should go back and read the thread again.

Don't skim it, read every word. All of your questions have already been answered, some several times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.