DMR Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I've moved the DMR Update firmware into public release. This means you can use the standard method for updating the firmware (using Sentinel).

The web pages reflect new pricing, but our IT guy has some other things on his plate, so it might take a day for the purchase process to reflect the increased price. So...really, really last chance to get in on DMR for $50.

se

THANK YOU!

Paul. Thanks for now making it the easiest to install the DMR upgrade. Looking forward to future updates pertaining to DMR or whatever the next paid upgrade is gonna be.

Sheldon.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Good deal.

So forgive the Uniden noob, but is this where people should still be downloading the current version of Sentinel? --> http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade/DMR_Release.zip

I can't find on the Uniden website a link to the software.

On the DMR page, the following is unfinished. It slowed me down, so I assume others are getting lost too: (DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki)

Applying the Upgrade

1. Download and install the latest version of Sentinel from ...

Also, on the Uniden website, the scanner product pages have buttons that say DMR coming soon... Just wanted to make sure that isn't overlooked.

The firmware upgrade process is so easy. +100 points for that. I suspect those with scanners mounted in vehicles think this is 1,000 times better than the Whistler firmware upgrade process. Automatic firmware pushes over the air would be about the only easier method I can think of.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Good deal.

So forgive the Uniden noob, but is this where people should still be downloading the current version of Sentinel? --> http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade/DMR_Release.zip

I can't find on the Uniden website a link to the software.

On the DMR page, the following is unfinished. It slowed me down, so I assume others are getting lost too: (DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki)

Also, on the Uniden website, the scanner product pages have buttons that say DMR coming soon... Just wanted to make sure that isn't overlooked.

The firmware upgrade process is so easy. +100 points for that. I suspect those with scanners mounted in vehicles think this is 1,000 times better than the Whistler firmware upgrade process. Automatic firmware pushes over the air would be about the only easier method I can think of.

All I did was go to sentinel and go to update than go Update Master HPDB

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Bravo... Not everyone will have the correct Sentinel version. Some people might buy the upgrade today, for instance.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
You're not missing anything. RadioReference is not set up to download the DMR info to Sentinel, yet. From what I've read, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.