DMR Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

plutonium233

Rather than derail the DMR Public Release thread, I decided to create one for people, myself included, who are having issues with DMR reception.

In my case, I have seen a few hits on the scanner that seem to last as long as a typical transmission, but I don't hear any audio. I can see information displayed on the faceplate (i.e. color code) when they come in, however.

My setup is based on all the guidance I could find through various searches:

- Downloaded and installed new firmware
- Purchased and entered the unlock key.
- Used the digital frequency quick import link: Digital Frequency Quick Import
- Configured appropriate conventional and trunked systems on a separate FL.
- Adjusted digital threshold to manual and 5 as prescribed by various people.
- Squelch is turned almost all the way down.
- I can see signal strength ranging from 1-3 bars on some of the systems being monitored.
- Linked scanner to Proscan so I can go back and review any hits that come in while I'm away.

Can anyone think of something that I could have missed?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I would suggest adding in a location so if someone needs to help you via radioreference they would have a place to start.
Also might help if you are in search mode to list if your seeing CON, DMR, CAP.
Keep in mind CON has a steady control channel transmitting so you will see info but hear no voice.

plutonium233

So, I went to a known frequency in quick search mode, and I could hear the typical DMR sound signature that I've heard with my SDR setup. I did note that the display showed DMR and S1 when a transmission was received. I also noticed that S1 would flash from time to time with no audio.

Thoughts?

troymail

Silent Key
Couple of thoughts:

- programmed as conventional frequencies, the radio will stop on control, idle, or other data activity on a frequency but you may or may not hear voice because there isn't any voice being transmitted

- if the voice signal is weak or noisy, the radio won't process it correctly and all you may hear is digital noise

gary123

Also I have found on simplex systems that you may need to program the shannel as a one channel system so that you can enter in the Talk group. I have many simples (no repeater) users locally and I have foung programming them as a one channel system and then doing a "discovery" on them locates the Talkgroup. Once that is entered into the department information reception is 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.