DMR Transciever for monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

you still need to know the correct color code and timeslot to monitor, unlike those expensive digital scanners that automatically display all that info for you just by programming in the frequency.

Yes, that's a bummer. If you have a CS750 or BFDX580 they will decode both CC and timeslot when stationary on a single frequency in monitor mode but the easiest and less expensive way are to use a SDR stick and DSD+

If you for some reason only have a MD380 and no SDR stick you could program the frequency 16 times with different color codes and when the frequency goes active the LED will turn red with an incorrect CC and green with a correct CC. Twist the channel knob and wait 1/2 sec on each CC to check what the CC are. I haven't tried to see what happens if you scan those 16 channels. Maybe it automaticly will do the job and only stop on green LED.

When a DMR transmitter goes on air it usually will continue to use that color code until maybe some major system changes are done. But you still have to program each frequency twice with different time slots if both are used for voice.

/Ubbe

Analogrules

Yes, that is a good idea. I read sonewhere on this forum that it wont stop while scanning on a Connect Plus Trunked DMR system, but I wonder about an individual programmed single DMR channel (programmed 32 times using all the variations of CC and time slots). Thats a lot of programming, but could work.

Valeriy

If you for some reason only have a MD380 and no SDR stick you could program the frequency 16 times with different color codes and when the frequency goes active the LED will turn red with an incorrect CC and green with a correct CC.
/Ubbe

MD380ToolZ has a CC Scan function, it might be better to try that rather than to have to program the same channel 16 times (and another 16 times for timeslot 2).
There is also a YouTube video "Makeshift TYT MD-380 scanner" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW3_VcpEzJc) which states it is possible to decode DMR parameters by using an analog transceiver along with an MD380, but I wouldn't swear it is actually a viable method.

Anyway I think the best way to solemnly snub :) the Uniden payments server is to use DSD+ on PC in order to decode all the DMR parameters and then program the MD380.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.