ARCXT: dmr with 325p2 and arcxt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
I posted in Uniden forum re this, but thinking this might be more appropriate to get an answer..
I tried putting in a Cap Plus DMR (Mototrbo) site into my 325p2 with ARCXT (firmware updated and key entered ok) , but nothing shows in the scanner for that system (it does show in the Menu/program systems section, not is scanned systems.
Is ARCXT able to program the dmr site? Other non dmr single and trunk systems program fine...Thanks

rdxny

Premium Subscriber
Gommert: I tried the ARC XT 2.1 Beta 1 (with the 325P2) with mixed results. Would like a report detailed here , or somewhere else?

JASII

Memory Capacity
ARCXT: DMR With 325P2 And ARC-XT-PRO

That is the best thing I have read today!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have a 996P2 (3 of them actually) So looking at the new Butel software, I can't tell, but can I add in a conventional DMR channel to a conventional system to scan along with the other analog or P25 (non trunked) channels mixed in that I already have in a single system?

If so, please tell me how, the only DMR/Mototrbo I see is where I would have to create a new "trunked system" just to add in a single DMR frequency.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply, Gommert.

So it appears I can't enter a single DMR frequency in with a conventional group of Analog channels, I have to do a whole other system.

I see no mention of how talkgroups showing up when a DMR/Mototrbo is programmed in. Some depts. use the same frequency, and even alternate slots, on the same frequency or group of frequencies for fire/police/ems/public works/etc., and the only way to differentiate them is by seeing the talkgroup. Curious how this works?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
No you can program a DMR frequency in a conventional system with audio type set to digital. That is used to discover settings for a new system. Please refer to the above link.
For a DMR system you can set the TDMA slot per talkgroup (last column in the TG editor in ARC XT).
For a Mototrbo you can set the color code at site level.

Gommert
Butel Software

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok I see. This is all new, I am used to Mototrbo CPS for programming DMR.

On that note, what is your difference in Mototrbo and DMR?

MrFTAMan

Premium Subscriber
DMR location (Mississippi)

I live in Cleveland, Mississippi (Bolivar County).
How can I find out if my area use DMR and Provoice? I hate to pay for both services if it is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.