TRX-2: DMR with RAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
DO NOT LIKE the fact the scanner memory card gets corrupted if you remove power before the scanner is turned off by power button. Makes install into mobile completely useless if you want the scanner to turn on & off with key.

All you have to do is turn off Replay and recording and an unscheduled power off won't corrupt the card. You need to power down with the switch if you make setting changes you want saved though.

RocketNJ

I will check if those are enabled. Thanks

Will see if it helps with RAS decoding. I am not scanning the RAS enabled repeater, just sitting on the frequency.

mmc-dsm

I contacted Whistler several ways and got nothing back about an update to correct RAS problems. Everything DMR (Moto) here has RAS and I get about 5-10% of the comms. This is not acceptable and Uniden addressed the problem; what is Whistler doing?

I'm about to sell my new TRX-1 to get a Uniden instead.

benering

Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to stay on top of this myself with Whistler, however I only get responses back from John on the service desk every now and then. I have to keep hounding them in order to get some sort of status. As a technical support person myself, I find this very frustrating. It shouldn’t be this hard to get support…

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I think they are all very busy right now drawing up a battle plan. Because when the TRX-x first came out they were quick to answer and post but that does not seam to be the case right now.

benering

Premium Subscriber
Drawing up battle plans, etc. is fine, but not even acknowledging email for weeks at a time is unacceptable. I bought a WS-1065 a while ago, and liked it better than the Unidens that I had been purchasing before. I upgraded to the TRX-2 in hopes that I could monitor the PD and FD in town. The FD works very well as they are not using RAS, but the scanner doesn’t even stop on the PD... I have to have a PC with DSD+ set up on the side just for them... I’m perfectly fine with a company having technical issues, but to just flat out ignore customer correspondence is beyond unacceptable. If they don’t fix their customer support issues very soon, they will loose at least this repeat customer...

RocketNJ

I have cut my losses with the TRX-2 and sold it. Mine was from the last refurb sale and came dirty and a scuff mark that went through the protective plastic and was on the display (you can see my previous thread on this). I also cannot stand the issues with the SD card getting corrupted. In all fairness, turning off recording of transmissions and data seemed to help the corruption.

I captured data and audio recordings engineering requested but never heard anything since. I do not know the exact reason why they have issues with RAS but U* has it figured out. A scanner buff in town has a feed up for the PD and it works fine with his 536. No missed beginnings of transmissions.

I highly doubt I will buy the new Whistler scanner if/when it comes out. Not sure what I will do for a scanner yet. For now I am using the RR feed for my town.

I will be watching this forum to see how things progress in the future, but I have to agree with the other poster the lack of information on this issue is not good. I too came up and am in the service industry and it is better to give a customer timely updates, even if bad, then no updates at all.

mmc-dsm

Whistler should at least tell us if they are working on it or if an update is coming for it.

I sent stuff to John Nolan, talk to him repeatedly and nothing has come out of it.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I contacted Whistler several ways and got nothing back about an update to correct RAS problems. Everything DMR (Moto) here has RAS and I get about 5-10% of the comms. This is not acceptable and Uniden addressed the problem; what is Whistler doing?

I spent two days tracking the DMR Cap+/RAS system at Safeco Field (home of the only decent baseball team) in Seattle. Zero problems decoding it and following conversations/talkgroups, unless you count the unintelligible accents on the janitorial TGIDs and the over-excited parking attendants who only seem to know how to yell into the radio.

mmc-dsm

Well maybe it works on CAP+ but here on CAP MAX, no bueno. Tried everything that Whistler told me to try. (In the trunked section, site by site, conventional section, etc...)

Melv7956

The issue with ras started after firmware 4.1 4.1 worked fine. The next release 4.2? Was released and the blurb of what had been improved, one was “better handling of ras enabled systems” but obviously they messed it up not improved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.