• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:

DNR Fire Section Maps

Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2003
Listening to the DNR Fire Management. They use section maps ie. section 25 2N 6E. What maps are they usining and are the maps online.
Dec 5, 2005
Laurium, michigan
What the DNR is using is a system that should be found on most county maps. These town and ranges are 6 miles square or 36 square miles within the town and range.

The first number is the section number within the township. Sec. 25

The second number is referred to as the Township number with either north or south following. T2N These townships are geographical and not political twps.

The third number is the Range number with East or West following. R6E

On the perimeter of county maps you should find notations of T on the sides of the map and the R notations should be on the top and bottom edges of the map.

Locate the town and range first then just find the section within that area.

There are county map books available but I dont know if they are on line or not??

Hope this helps.
Not open for further replies.