I had a 12v radio running off my atv battery......not wanting to over-do my charging system, I just brought along a marine battery thinking i could use it for my other equipment which would be hooked up through coax to my radio..... well my radio blew a fuse and smoked my finals... (guess they were my finals,,, tx lights up but no bars to show modulation) I know I should use 1 power source for my radio and all other equipment hooked to it..but the radio was already installed where it was (long story) So could this fry my radio? I'll post a crude diagram of how it was hooked up...Here is how the radio acted before the smoke...1. Hooked everything up according to diagram. 2.. turned on radio and equipment and heard talk. 3. Keyed up and let off key, at this point with the mic un-keyed, my radio still had tx light on and max mod bars and stayed that way for 3 seconds.......4. Thinking it was working, I keyed up again and aaauuuddddiiiioooooo radio check anyone? Same as before but this time when I let off the mic... smoke.. now no modulation..... basically did I ruin my radio by using two different batteries?
58.9 KB Views: 653