• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Dodge County NXDN

Hi All

I have been helping a member try and get a NX220 programmed for receive only to listen to public safety in Dodge County

Does anyone know what RAN codes are being used on the various frequencies utilizing NXDN used by public safety?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
There is a certain Kenwood dealer in the general area that likes to Encrypt every NXDN system they sell/install/maintain. Seems to be a selling point.

There is a certain Kenwood dealer in the general area that likes to Encrypt every NXDN system they sell/install/maintain. Seems to be a selling point.
Where is said kenwood dealer located?

Although they wouldn’t be able to help me much would they?

also I have my radio programmed to the dodge county fire dispatch (countywide) as well as the Eastman fire department dispatch (EFD Dispatch). I can hear the pages as well as the dispatcher talking. however I cant hear the fellow firefighters. for instance when we get a call everyone call our dispatcher "911" so they call us out. I can hear the call just fine. but when I fellow firefighter/first responder (lets say he's with "GVFD" and his badge number is 826") when they call out and he responds with " 826 to 911 I'm responding", I cant hear that. like y radio doesn't even recognize that there's been a transmission. Why might that be?

if you're hearing the dispatcher on analog, it's for the pagers. you can't hear the figrefighters because they're most likely transmitting on digital.

Also, out of the blue. I started picking up some traffic on my Dodge County Sheriff's Office channel. although I can only hear units near me I suppose. I have a Kenwood nx-220, And when set to scan the green light indicating that a transmission is coming in flashes. Almost constantly. why would that be. I went and very tediously listed that particular frequency 126 times each with a different ran and wave length. the ran is 32 and very narrow. But my question is, why can I only hear units near me, and no dispatchers or anything like that?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Most likely the units aren't transmitting ENC, but the repeater is.

Won't last long now til they are also ENC, though....

also I have just came up with a new question regarding the programming of the Kenwood NX-220. I was wondering how I could get the battery indicator to show in the LCD? thanks.