Dodge County NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hi All

I have been helping a member try and get a NX220 programmed for receive only to listen to public safety in Dodge County

Does anyone know what RAN codes are being used on the various frequencies utilizing NXDN used by public safety?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Encrypted last time I tried to monitor them.

jw_simpson

Are all of them encrypted? Even fire and ems?

By the way this is dodge county Georgia we’re talking about.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Not sure, but I'm certain Eastman is encrypted as well.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
There is a certain Kenwood dealer in the general area that likes to Encrypt every NXDN system they sell/install/maintain. Seems to be a selling point.

jw_simpson

There is a certain Kenwood dealer in the general area that likes to Encrypt every NXDN system they sell/install/maintain. Seems to be a selling point.

Where is said kenwood dealer located?

Although they wouldn’t be able to help me much would they?

jw_simpson

also I have my radio programmed to the dodge county fire dispatch (countywide) as well as the Eastman fire department dispatch (EFD Dispatch). I can hear the pages as well as the dispatcher talking. however I cant hear the fellow firefighters. for instance when we get a call everyone call our dispatcher "911" so they call us out. I can hear the call just fine. but when I fellow firefighter/first responder (lets say he's with "GVFD" and his badge number is 826") when they call out and he responds with " 826 to 911 I'm responding", I cant hear that. like y radio doesn't even recognize that there's been a transmission. Why might that be?

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
if you're hearing the dispatcher on analog, it's for the pagers. you can't hear the figrefighters because they're most likely transmitting on digital.

Reactions: RRR

jw_simpson

yes, I was told by my fire chief last night that we transmit digital but they dispatch analog.

jw_simpson

Also, out of the blue. I started picking up some traffic on my Dodge County Sheriff's Office channel. although I can only hear units near me I suppose. I have a Kenwood nx-220, And when set to scan the green light indicating that a transmission is coming in flashes. Almost constantly. why would that be. I went and very tediously listed that particular frequency 126 times each with a different ran and wave length. the ran is 32 and very narrow. But my question is, why can I only hear units near me, and no dispatchers or anything like that?

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
What is the number of the frequency (example: 154.9050) that you were hearing the Dodge Co Deputies on, or do you know?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Most likely the units aren't transmitting ENC, but the repeater is.

Won't last long now til they are also ENC, though....

jw_simpson

also I have just came up with a new question regarding the programming of the Kenwood NX-220. I was wondering how I could get the battery indicator to show in the LCD? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.