• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Does my G4 have TDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
I have a new G4 and I am learning to program some additional agencies. However, I am told that one particular agency is on a TDMA talkgroup. I thought that I had the right site(s) and all, but I am either hearing nothing, or I get an OUT OF RANGE message. I hear them fine on my BCD436HP. Thanks in advance.

mdsxfire

EDBM
I have a new G4 and I am learning to program some additional agencies. However, I am told that one particular agency is on a TDMA talkgroup. I thought that I had the right site(s) and all, but I am either hearing nothing, or I get an OUT OF RANGE message. I hear them fine on my BCD436HP. Thanks in advance.
Do u get a constant out of range? If u only have that TH programmed in and have the CC locked they might be encrypted. What system and TG

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I'm not ignoring you all, I am just working with my dealer to work out this programming issue on my end. I am, BTW, working with the TxWARN system in Harris County TX. I am close!

mdsxfire

EDBM
Are you using every site in Harris county?? As there are a lot, if so u need to have every control channel for every site programmed in, it’s a moto system so u don’t have to put every frequency listed in (even though I do)
SysID 1A7
Wacn bee00
Then u have to add each sites RFSS and site in, ie bush airport would be rfss 1 site 6 then so on for every site in the county u want to be able to connect to.
Harris county does have a few encrypted TGs but most are in the clear so it depends on what ur trying to hear

paramedic228

Premium Subscriber
Are you using every site in Harris county?? As there are a lot, if so u need to have every control channel for every site programmed in, it’s a moto system so u don’t have to put every frequency listed in (even though I do)
SysID 1A7
Wacn bee00
Then u have to add each sites RFSS and site in, ie bush airport would be rfss 1 site 6 then so on for every site in the county u want to be able to connect to.
Harris county does have a few encrypted TGs but most are in the clear so it depends on what ur trying to hear
I am new to the PPS software, so I was leaving out some key info when I was programming the site info. I was entering the frequencies, but forgetting to enter the RFSS and site in the appropriate place. Now that I got that straightened out, I can hear the radio traffic!

Attachments

• My Site.png
    My Site.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 22

mdsxfire

EDBM
I am new to the PPS software, so I was leaving out some key info when I was programming the site info. I was entering the frequencies, but forgetting to enter the RFSS and site in the appropriate place. Now that I got that straightened out, I can hear the radio traffic!
Awesome!!! You will have no regrets over purchasing it, they are amazing and travel well.

mitbr

This is the most common problem people have that are new to the Unications!! I did the same thing as you LOL. Glad you got it working the Unications are a great piece of kit!!
Tim :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.