ProScan: Does proscan log…

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Does proscan log encrypted transmissions? I know it can’t decrypt them I just want to know will the Uniden newer scanners log the time channel and radio id etc on a vhf frequency on to proscan? I’d like to see any activity on certain frequencies since they now are encrypted. I know my whistler logs them on its software but not sure about Uniden thanks

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Be advised that to see RID's on conventional P25 in a Uniden scanner you need to program as OFT. And I've never had good luck with RID's logging encrypted P25 on a Uniden as they skip over encryption.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Be advised that to see RID's on conventional P25 in a Uniden scanner you need to program as OFT. And I've never had good luck with RID's logging encrypted P25 on a Uniden as they skip over encryption.
Ok thx I used to have a uniden that worked well with an encrypted channel however I’m getting older and I can’t remember what model this channel is a uhf encrypted most likely a P25 so how do you program it that way I’m lost? Also which model would you go with? Thanks

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
yeah it would be nice if they had a toggle in the menu to either skip or not. Thereby making it easier to tell when it lands on encrypted signals vs just jumping over. You can then lock out at leisure.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
yeah it would be nice if they had a toggle in the menu to either skip or not. Thereby making it easier to tell when it lands on encrypted signals vs just jumping over. You can then lock out at leisure.
Are all the digital unidentified locked out even the older models? Wondering if I try to do a used older model digital uniden will that be better than a new that automatic locks them out?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Uniden has ID Scan & ID Search to manage unidentified TGIDs as long as system is programmed as OFT (one-frequency trunking) or P25/MotoTRBO/NXDN trunking. Traffic from unidentified TGIDs is only passed through when ID Search is set. Default setting with newly created / imported systems is ID Scan