Dollywood, Pigeon Forge

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xab

I went to Dollywood today, had the frequencies listed in RadioReference programmed, but heard no traffic. I noticed the employees were carrying Kenwood NXDN radios. After coming home I search the FCC database and found they had licensed a number of new UHF channels.

Randolph1108

I went to Dollywood today, had the frequencies listed in RadioReference programmed, but heard no traffic. I noticed the employees were carrying Kenwood NXDN radios. After coming home I search the FCC database and found they had licensed a number of new UHF channels.

Did you have the LTR system programmed into your scanner or was you monitoring simplex?

cdawg030

We’re going next week and I was planning on seeing if I can hear them from our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zachgallop

When I was there the day before closing they were still using LTR. During closing time for about a month and a half would have been a good time to change over to Nexedge. They opened last Saturday.Actually will be there tomorrow will listen and figure out. They are not licensed for Nexedge but it is still possible.

Randolph1108

We’re going next week and I was planning on seeing if I can hear them from our cabin.

Please let us know. I have been there the past several years and can confirm the ltr system was still in use as last as of last October. The ltr system listing on here was correct as of then.

cdawg030

Please let us know. I have been there the past several years and can confirm the ltr system was still in use as last as of last October. The ltr system listing on here was correct as of then.

Yes, I looked today and noticed Dollywood is listed in 2 places under Sevier County. One of the listings is conventional and the database states it’s the old system. Surely the LTR is still in use. It has plenty of talk groups listed for it. Multiple for the different areas of the park.

We will be in town next Sunday night until Wednesday and plan to visit the park one day. Doubt I’ll take the 436 to the park but will see what I can hear from around town and from the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cdawg030

Confirmed, Dollywood LTR coming in loud and clear from our cabin, about 3 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.