Dona Ana county recent fire channel swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Anyone know if the DB is correct for the changes Dona Ana county recently did on fire channel assignments?

I've got a pile of fire radios that need to be updated before wildfire season hits, and the RR database is usually more accurate then the updates I get from the state IT department.

Its my understanding that they're keeping toneouts on .13 (to avoid reprogramming hundreds of pagers), moving county response traffic to the channel previously assigned to the city of sunland park fire (.175), they dropped the fire north tac (constant interference from a licensed mexico repeater), and either added or renumbered the remaining fire tacs.

Also, unconfirmed, but i understand that sunland park has moved fire and pd to the city trunked system, with fire on a patch back to vhf for mutual aid?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Currently the new DASO 1, 2, 3 aren't fully in use. The person who entered it or submitted caught it on a switch to use it and test the sites out. The old DASO was in use last few days. Paging still occurs on the page channel. The fire channel you speak carried most traffic on Saturday then the old channel being used again Sunday. The city edacs patches to trs from vhf can be changed on the console when they switcheroo the days they use the old and new.

For most part it is correct. If you pm me we can discuss it further as I updated our stuff recently though we hardly if ever mutual aide with them.

Yes the city of Las cruces has sites at sunlands towers. Landlined, and microwaved as backups. Eventually a phase 2 system will replace the edacs down road, with sunland and anthony NM pd using it also, though vhf is still being used and the patch going both ways for them but some do have the trs radios. MVRDA is trying to get the entire county on a trs.

The current sheriff is pushing for securing DASO up as she feels nobody should need to listen, including fire to LE comms. The city itself sees a few things differently than her though. For the forseeable future vhf is in DASO and county fires distance.

For most part a APX with a 30 member scan list would be needed, or like most of us are going, Kenwood NX series radios with nxdn, p25 and dmr keys in them. The scan lists are longer in zone and DASO sticks with the new Kenwood as programming and shuffling things around isn't and pain like the APX is.

Last edited:

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Thanks. Getting this gear, including a cache of KNG's programmed is about 10 things down my list to do, and since i'm in the middle of a move, i'm not even sure where the cache box got buried, so thats going to be my plan for march, after i set up my office at the new house. I'll PM you in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.