Dont come to B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuck22

Premium Subscriber
Well its not worth coming to BC anymore..

Greater Vancouver is Edacs / Provoice / going to ESK in the future.
Vancouver Island is P25 Encrypted.
And the Interior is slowly going P25 Encrypted as well.

I would just like to say Thanks to the RCMP for screwing us. A%$H#@$*

JoeyC

While I don't pick a vacation destination based on scanner activity, thanks for the info...

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Why blame the RCMP? I agree it is not a good situation for scanner listeners or the public in general. But there are more idiots around now than there were a few years ago. I include scanner listeners here as well who immediately on hearing something make a post on places like Radioreference. They describe what is going on. Now, I don't mind someone saying to listen to a particular frequency or ID, but we don't have to say what is going on. I have seen a lot of miss information posted. As well, FOIP is now legislated in most Provinces [not certain about the US] so that names cannot be mentioned. To get around this, encryption or CAD systems are used. As with a lot of things in life, a few idiots ruin things for the majority that just like to listen to what is going on in their area. So don't blame the RCMP, sheriffs, Public Safety workers for going encrypted. Blame governments. The fear I have here is BIG BROTHER and who is monitoring what they are up too. I know, I'm just paranoid.

smason

I have to think that compared to plain old duplex repeater analog, with trunkning and digital there must be a LOT less listeners now than there used to be.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The new scanners/firmware updates coming from Uniden in the next month or three will handle that ESK issue for ya. As for the rest, that sucks.

BC_Scan

Yeah I am upset to , but what really get's me is that why E-comm is invoking ESK is beacuse some kid ambulance chaser type was found in New West/Burnaby area at a accident/crime scene of some type flashing around a MA/com radio and RCMP caught wind of this and confiscated the radio....
I guess some whack jobs never learn.
Sure spoils it for those that legitimately like to listen for the shear entertainment of it all.

stuck22

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I am upset to , but what really get's me is that why E-comm is invoking ESK is beacuse some kid ambulance chaser type was found in New West/Burnaby area at a accident/crime scene of some type flashing around a MA/com radio and RCMP caught wind of this and confiscated the radio....
I guess some whack jobs never learn.
Sure spoils it for those that legitimately like to listen for the shear entertainment of it all.

HAHA! I dont know where you heard that.

jimlawrence

While I don't pick a vacation destination based on scanner activity, thanks for the info...

Actually, some of us DO pick a vacation destination based on scanner activity. Right, Rob?? *grin!*

But, you're right. I found the encryption on all the Vancouver area PDs very disappointing. Fortunately, there's so much other activity to which to listen in Vancouver that I barely noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.