Don't ever DO this....LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Here's a good "tip" for you Pro-95 owners:

What EVER you do, do NOT hit the "0" then "1" buttons BEFORE your scanner has a chance to get the "Welcom screen". Should you make this "misteak", it re-initializes the PROM and you lose ALL your frequencies, talk groups & alpha-tags.

:-( LOL! I got in too big a hurry to "swap banks" and did this..Ouch! Now, I'm having to go in and "manually" input al this stuff, AGAIN!

Well, it's gonna rain all weekend, on and off, so......There's always NASCAR, LOL!

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

k9xyz

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
use software

All you would have to do is reload with win95, it would take just a few seconds.

But this is useful info though, just in case you ever want to re initialize the memory.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you were away from a computer, you could always pick up an extra 95 and a cloning cable and reload it that way, and you'd have an excuse for another scanner :D

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
DonS said:
That would be a pretty neat trick, indeed, on a PRO-95.
it would be I did not even know that my 95 had v-folders would someone let radio shack know so that I can update my firmware and CPU. with WIN 9500.

DonS

lowboy... fix your signature. You're short one 'o'. (If you're going to quote NP, you must do it correctly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.