Door To Door Atheists Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod edit: link updated at the request of the OP
www.youtube.com/v/v-bWz74h518

Interesting vid.

The opening monologue could have been about jehova witnesses im not sure...

Door to door people trying to tell you about thier religion doesnt really bother me,i guess they are just trying to get the word out... (I feel bad closing the door on them)

Last edited by a moderator:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Mormons are indeed the door to door evangelicals but they have a long, uphill climb in England where atheists are the majority. I play well with atheists (although I'm a Christian) but then there's that guy in the video, somebody should plug his foil hat into the 230 volt ring mains. Never mind the rest of it, 30 seconds into his insane rant I turned it RIGHT off. 'Eck, if I knew what was coming it would have been LEFT off! (;->)

johnawesley

Premium Subscriber
A lack of belief in religious dogma does not require proof. The burden of proof lies with religion, which offers no credible evidence whatsoever.

I guess it depends on what you consider to be credible and evidence and I suppose your so great that your opinion is all that matters. We other millions are just lost. lol

In the end we shall see who was right and who was wrong won't we?

I would rather believe in a God that loves me and made me and everything there is and be wrong, then in nothing and nothingness and a death into fade to black.

You came from somewhere and you will go back to it as well.

Even Scientists say that you cannot create nor destroy energy and we are just that, Energy!

When YOU can create a seed from nothing, then talk to me..

I guess it depends on what you consider to be credible and evidence and I suppose your so great that your opinion is all that matters. We other millions are just lost. lol

In the end we shall see who was right and who was wrong won't we?

I would rather believe in a God that loves me and made me and everything there is and be wrong, then in nothing and nothingness and a death into fade to black.

You came from somewhere and you will go back to it as well.

Even Scientists say that you cannot create nor destroy energy and we are just that, Energy!

When YOU can create a seed from nothing, then talk to me..
At no time did I ever claim "greatness." I merely stated that if I am expected to believe something and live my life according to it's teachings, I expect at least some measure of proof that my belief is warranted and religion doesn't deliver. Numbers prove nothing more than the fact that the "herd" mentality is alive and well.

johnawesley

Premium Subscriber
At no time did I ever claim "greatness." I merely stated that if I am expected to believe something and live my life according to it's teachings, I expect at least some measure of proof that my belief is warranted and religion doesn't deliver. Numbers prove nothing more than the fact that the "herd" mentality is alive and well.
So to us, not believing in GOD is you being in that "herd" and it's alive and well in these last days.

Believe what you will and if I was right, I will say I told you so at Judgement and if not, then you were right.

You can't honestly say that you know without a doubt that there is NO life after this one, as your not dead and therefore are no authority on the matter, same as I.

I respect your non belief so please do the same for this cow...

johnawesley

Premium Subscriber
You also know of course that Religion is based on Faith.

johnawesley

Premium Subscriber
We don't need more than just faith in this life. That's the test and I hope to pass.

Those that don't believe and want proof shall fail, but get given a chance for redemption in the life to come.

I said it once and I will say it again, we shall see who is right and who is wrong soon enough.

It's sad that you know how intelligent we are. All that we can do and think up and build, and our families and memories, and it's all for nothing?

You can never convince me that there is no more to this universe then just this.

It's way too big and we're way too small...

Last edited:
I never said I don't believe in a god or gods. I just said that reality often differs from ones own ideal view of what is going on. I haven't claimed to know whether a god exists or not.

We don't need more than just faith in this life. That's the test and I hope to pass.

Those that don't believe and want proof shall fail, but get given a chance for redemption in the life to come.

I said it once and I will say it again, we shall see who is right and who is wrong soon enough.

It's sad that you know how intelligent we are. All that we can do and think up and build, and our families and memories, and it's all for nothing?

You can never convince me that there is no more to this universe then just this.

It's way too big and we're way too small...
What's really sad is that you have chosen to live your life as if it were just a rehearsal for another life, promised to you by a religion that has no basis in fact whatsoever. I live a rich, full life and enjoy every minute of it. I only take what I need and I go out of my way to cause no harm to anyone and I help wherever I can. Mere belief does not in any way elevate you to some exalted status where your life means any more than mine. Yes, this universe is a big place, way too big for your religion.

johnawesley

Premium Subscriber
What's really sad is that you have chosen to live your life as if it were just a rehearsal for another life, promised to you by a religion that has no basis in fact whatsoever. I live a rich, full life and enjoy every minute of it. I only take what I need and I go out of my way to cause no harm to anyone and I help wherever I can. Mere belief does not in any way elevate you to some exalted status where your life means any more than mine. Yes, this universe is a big place, way too big for your religion.
I know where I'm from, why I'm here and where I'm going and that's what matters. This life is only a test for the eternities and it's a short test in comparison to forever.

I respect your opinions but choose to follow religion and God as there are things in this universe higher and greater than we are.

I have never been to Africa yet I believe that it exists, so it is the same for me to believe in God as I see evidences of his existence all around us. Water, trees, plants, animals, humans, air etc.

I guess that if you don't believe in forever it would be easy to fall into the "This is all there is" trap.

I will meet you in the hereafter and say I told you so... Aren't you glad you were wrong?

just to put my 2 cents in, scientist has proven in fact that some of the parts of the bible is true, They found noa's ark, they know there was a world wide flood, and others.

besides every thing has to have a start and a end. Nothing can just be there. It has to be created first. Energy can be transformed, transferred or stored, but not destroyed. Thus, Einstein believed there is a God. His Quote:.

johnawesley

Premium Subscriber
just to put my 2 cents in, scientist has proven in fact that some of the parts of the bible is true, They found noa's ark, they know there was a world wide flood, and others.

besides every thing has to have a start and a end. Nothing can just be there. It has to be created first. Energy can be transformed, transferred or stored, but not destroyed. Thus, Einstein believed there is a God. His Quote:.

The very fact that our energy cannot be destroyed is proof that something happens beyond death, and as you point out, it will either be transformed, transferred or stored somewhere in the Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.