DOT traffic cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
That's much nicer. Maybe that is why is was down when accessing it thruough WTNH's site.

KB1JHU

That was my thought. I was trying for the last couple days and they all had the unavailable image up so I checked DOT's site and found the new ones.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
wow! much better. The old ones were a pain to refresh. Couldnt do it easily in the browser with F5. I know the old ones were "unavalible" when there was anything "interesting" to see.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
digitalBill said:
I'm sure the State Police will continue block the cameras during "events"

They should just show reruns of Pee-Wee's Playhouse

And I think the DOT controlls them, not CSP

Hay hartford area isnt on that webpage!:evil:

N1GTL

Database Admin
DOT has a control area for all the cameras at Troop G in Bridgeport. They have their own desks but CSP is sitting right behind them and can have them pull the feed on cameras when needed.

backingit

Premium Subscriber
I caught the tail end of a fight on the shoulder of I-95 s/b x55 last weekend. Came in really good w/ new camera set up.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Its Funny!

I remember very clear when they first talked about puting the cameras up. They said this is to" assist the department of transportation not the state police". Yeah right! State Police has all but taken over those cameras. Yes! Dot has a person controling the cameras, but lets face it, those of us who have been in that room know who really calls the shots! That being said, nice improvement!

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.