• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Double DIN radio bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
I have a 2002 Mazda B2500.
It's basically the same as a Ford Ranger.

The Stock factory radio died.
It was Double DIN size.

I wish to replace the stock radio with a new Single DIN radio in the top slot of the bracket, and place a
TYT 7800 control head on a blank face on the bottom of the Double DIN Bracket.

I cannot find a Double DIN Bracket with on Single DIN hole on top and a blank face below.

All I can find are Double DIN brackets with a single DIN hole on top, and pockets below.

Can anyone point me to a website selling Double DIN brackets with a single DIN hole and a blank face below?

Dan
AI8O

Out here on the cyber equivalent of a dirt road, Way off the Information Superhighway!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

It was Double DIN size.

I wish to replace the stock radio with a new Single DIN radio in the top slot of the bracket, and place a

I cannot find a Double DIN Bracket with on Single DIN hole on top and a blank face below.

All I can find are Double DIN brackets with a single DIN hole on top, and pockets below.

Can anyone point me to a website selling Double DIN brackets with a single DIN hole and a blank face below?

Dan

AI8O

Out here on the cyber equivalent of a dirt road, Way off the Information Superhighway!

Check crutchfield.com

I've also had good results on EBay. Just shop the seller as much as the item. I stick with US buyers with plenty of sales and 100% (or close to it) feedback. The double din adapter in my F250 was found on EBay. It was very easy to make up a strong blank panel to mount a Garmin GPS and a XM tuner.

K4EET

Chaplain
For your Double DIN housing for a Single DIN radio head installation, can you use a Single DIN blank faceplate like this:

https://www.bimmerworld.com/BMW-Interior/BMW-Audio-Stereo-Speakers/Radio-Blank-Plate-65-11-1-384-855.html

65111384855_WM.jpg

Make sure you verify something like the above will work with the Double DIN housing.

73, Dave K4EET

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
TU K4EET!

That will do the job.

So what I will do is install a Double DIN bracket with two open slots, mount my entertainmanet radio in the top slot, put this blank faceplate in the bottom slot, and mount my control head to the blank faceplate..

I knew this had to be found somewhere, I just couldn't find one.

Again TU

Dan
AI8O

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy

It was Double DIN size.

Dan

AI8O

My 2002 F150 shipped with a 1.5 DIN radio (which was standard at the time) while Chevy was shipping their trucks and SUVs with double DIN radios. May want to double check on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
My 1998 Toyota Camry has a double DIN with a pocket in the lower half. The control head for my TYT TH-7800 fits very snugly in the pocket. I only had to drill a small hole in the right lower corner of the pocket large enough for the extension cable to fit through.

The control head for CS800 fits nicely in the 'change pocket' just under the cig lighter and ashtray.
BksxF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.