Double Shooting / Berkeley Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwlyons

Just Happening! Berkeley Co. SO on the scene of a double shoot on 2649 McCoy's Ferry Rd.. Two vicitims, one shot 2x in the head, second victim shot 1x head. Suspect fled in black p-u. Scene still unsecure. 2026 hrs.

Berkeley Cnty 02LE911

Medics on scene 2030 hrs 02FTAC4

SO ops moved to Tac1

SO Units cleared scene and enroute to City Hosp to interview victim. 2104 hrs

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
BCSO ops were on TAC2

Units 108 and 124 stayed on scene. Both victims were taken to City Hospital. 108 and 124 cleared scene and went to City Hospital to speak to the victims. I think the victims will be or have been transported to another facility.

Right after EMS and BCSO were on scene, WVSP stopped the suspect vehicle and I believe they were taken into custody. Apparently the suspect was know to law enforcement.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Later about 1am or later, unit 104 as well as a few others were entering a house and doing a search. 104 stated to add to the CAD that they searched the person's room with his consent as well as consent to test for GSR off of his clothing. So, maybe the state police didn't arrest anyone. A deputy and reserve went to INOVA.

The Herald-Mail

Hedgesville-area couple shot in head, are hospitalized in Va.

November 28, 2009

HEDGESVILLE, W.Va. - A husband and wife were both shot in the head Friday night at a residence on McCoy's Ferry Road, according to a Berkeley County Sheriff's Department press release.

The shooting took place about 8 p.m.

The couple, a man in his late 50s and a woman in her late 40s, were taken to City Hospital in Martinsburg, W.Va., then transferred to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Va., deputies said.

Both were conscious and were able to speak to officers, deputies said.

A person of interest has been identified, deputies said.

Anyone with information on the shooting may call the Berkeley County Sheriff's Department at 304-267-7000 or Berkeley County Crime Solvers at 304-267-4999.

dwlyons

The Deputy and Reserve unit took a mental commitment to Morgantown on a court commitment. This situation had been developing for the majority of the day at CHI. That mental patient had walked away 2x prior to the commitment order being signed.

Unit 108 stopped at the vehicle stop executed by the State Police and verified it was the incorrect vehicle before he ever went to the crime scene. The vehicle the State Police stopped was not the suspect's vehicle.

108 returned to the crime scene on McCoy's Ferry Rd just before midnight.

In so far as SO operations on Tac 1 or 2, the 911 communication operators in Berkeley Co are so lacking in skills! They had no idea what Tac channel to even assign law enforcement too during the situation. Originally assigning then to Hailing Channel 1. Several of the latest employed communication techs seem to be lacking basic language communication skills.

911 Central operations in Berkeley County are so lacking skilled operational supervision.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
The Deputy and Reserve unit took a mental commitment to Morgantown on a court commitment. This situation had been developing for the majority of the day at CHI. That mental patient had walked away 2x prior to the commitment order being signed.

Unit 108 stopped at the vehicle stop executed by the State Police and verified it was the incorrect vehicle before he ever went to the crime scene. The vehicle the State Police stopped was not the suspect's vehicle.

108 returned to the crime scene on McCoy's Ferry Rd just before midnight.

In so far as SO operations on Tac 1 or 2, the 911 communication operators in Berkeley Co are so lacking in skills! They had no idea what Tac channel to even assign law enforcement too during the situation. Originally assigning then to Hailing Channel 1. Several of the latest employed communication techs seem to be lacking basic language communication skills.

911 Central operations in Berkeley County are so lacking skilled operational supervision.

I missed part of it last night while in the shower (I guess I could put it in a Zip-Lock bag and hang it in there with me but that seems a little weird :) ). I do remember them mentioning they had been dealing with the suspect all day and even a few days before that.

As far as the 911 centers lack of skills, been like this for years. Look upp some of my old posts like the one about the attempted abduction and the MD helicopter. They need to take a field trip to Jefferson Co. and even Loudoun Co. VA. I think there's a dispatcher that works for Loudoun used to work for Berkeley Co. Makes you wonder if this had anything to do with him leaving (plus I'm pretty sure Loudoun Co. pays more).

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
He doesn't deserve a jail time...just a shot from a real gun.

West Virginia: W.Va. man charged in shooting of couple

Robert and Laura Hicks were each shot twice in the head but are expected to recover
By MATTHEW UMSTEAD
December 2, 2009
matthewu@herald-mail.com

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A Falling Waters, W.Va., man is charged with shooting a Berkeley County couple Friday after the husband refused to sell prescription pills to him, according to police. Each was shot twice in the head.

Donald Mark “Donnie” Seibert Jr., 21, of 318 Merrimack Drive, was charged Wednesday with two counts of malicious wounding, according to Lt. Gary Harmison of the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Department.

Seibert was being held Wednesday night in Eastern Regional Jail on a $200,000 bond set by Berkeley County Magistrate JoAnn Overington, according to court records.

Robert and Laura Hicks each were shot twice in the head at about 8 p.m. Friday at their home at 2649 McCoys Ferry Road in the Brookstone subdivision, Harmison said. The couple, who were taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Va., for treatment, are expected to recover from their wounds, Harmison said.

Laura Hicks, who told police she was shot first, has been released from the hospital, Harmison said. Robert Hicks’ condition has improved since the shooting, but he was still being treated at the hospital Wednesday, Harmison said.

The bullets, which remain lodged in the victims’ heads, are not expected to be removed because of additional health risk, Harmison said.

A doctor told police the wounds appeared to be from a .22-caliber weapon, according to the arrest warrant issued for Seibert.

In the charging documents, Harmison said an older .22-caliber pistol and shells owned by Seibert’s father were missing after the shooting. A weapon has not been found, Harmison said.

Laura Hicks told police Seibert came to their house and began talking about troubles with his girlfriend and said he wanted to buy pills, according to Harmison’s complaint.

Robert Hicks told police that when he denied the request, Seibert went outside to his truck and got a gun, returned and shot them both, Harmison said.

Seibert declined to give a statement to police and asked for an attorney after he was arrested without incident, Harmison said.

A felony conviction on a count of malicious wounding carries a two- to 10-year prison sentence, Harmison said.

dwlyons

Mike, have you started to notice that the shootings around Berkeley Co. are turning into a daily event? The latest one occurring at Sheetz on Rt 45 @ Foxcroft Ave. on Saturday morning.

In the last 4 days, there have been 4 over doses on Heroin, several of which were working codes upon arrival of the medics. Must be some bad H on the street (as opposed to good?). What a waste of taxpayer money!

I used to measure the economic climate of the area by the proximity of the armed robberies to Halloween. That thinking is no longer valid as they are robbing anything and everything daily, year round.

In so far as the article above, there is more than being reported. After you break up with your girlfriend, you just stroll over to your "friends" and ask for prescription narcotics? RIGHT! I have some serious questions about the “victims.” Drug dealers usually don't have credit plans. This has the sound of user desperation. It was close to being a threefer. (Shucks!)

Only time will tell.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Mike, have you started to notice that the shootings around Berkeley Co. are turning into a daily event? The latest one occurring at Sheetz on Rt 45 @ Foxcroft Ave. on Saturday morning.

In the last 4 days, there have been 4 over doses on Heroin, several of which were working codes upon arrival of the medics. Must be some bad H on the street (as opposed to good?). What a waste of taxpayer money!

I used to measure the economic climate of the area by the proximity of the armed robberies to Halloween. That thinking is no longer valid as they are robbing anything and everything daily, year round.

In so far as the article above, there is more than being reported. After you break up with your girlfriend, you just stroll over to your "friends" and ask for prescription narcotics? RIGHT! I have some serious questions about the “victims.” Drug dealers usually don't have credit plans. This has the sound of user desperation. It was close to being a threefer. (Shucks!)

Only time will tell.

Yes, you are dead on correct with your observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.