Douglas County question

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliedanurse

Hi all,
I listen to the Douglas County area using a Whistler WS1040. I've noticed over the past few days that "DglsCoLE EV2" seems to be broadcasting Topeka activity.
If I remember correctly, this channel usually broadcasts Douglas County Sheriff/Lawrence PD special assignment activity.
Any idea what is happening?

Julie

KX0Z

Interesting, I wouldn't think our Topeka guys wouldn't even have that talk group in their radios. Strange, heard it anymore?

N0JRD

Premium Subscriber
There are a bunch of new enc talk groups on the Topeka system but haven’t heard anything about the SNCO going with encryption.

KX0Z

Topeka Police, Shawnee County Sheriff and a multitude of other agencies are on the SNCO P25 system. Law enforcement and probably fire are going encrypted.

juliedanurse

Interesting, I wouldn't think our Topeka guys wouldn't even have that talk group in their radios. Strange, heard it anymore?
I did hear it Wednesday, just started listening this morning, nothing yet.

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
Topeka Police, Shawnee County Sheriff and a multitude of other agencies are on the SNCO P25 system. Law enforcement and probably fire are going encrypted.
I would think that if indeed this is going to take place that either nec911 or perhaps KAA951 would have posted something about this....least I hope someone would say something.

SKINNY1

I am a retired LEO with several connections to TPD and SO and the only talk groups that are encrypted are the response team, narcotics, and the detective channels.

N0MED

KX0Z

Yes that is correct and not in question. My statement was that law enforcement is going encrypted and fire is probably going is encrypted is accurate. I mean, I've only worked in the Shawnee County Communications Center for 25 years so I have "connections as well" so to speak..

Last edited:

KX0Z

Actually there are lots more that have been encrypted for years. TPD teletype, all the TPD TAC channels, a TFD secure channel, a secure channel for each of the rural fire departments, probably a few more I've missed off the top of my head..

SKINNY1

Actually there are lots more that have been encrypted for years. TPD teletype, all the TPD TAC channels, a TFD secure channel, a secure channel for each of the rural fire departments, probably a few more I've missed off the top of my head..

Ya, I know what you mean, Douglas County is the same way. I imagine someday soon they will all be encrypted. A lot of it because of new technology, like rebroadcasting everything on the cell phones or internet.

N0MED

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Just a reminder about posting privileged or confidential information...We do not typically delete or mask posts of this nature. We expect forum users to be responsible with the privileged or confidential information that they might know. Given that just about everything on the Internet is saved, backed-up, and archived on multiple servers, deleting a post you shouldn't have made is usually a wasted effort.

https://forums.radioreference.com/t...iviledged-information-on-these-forums.304711/

Status
Not open for further replies.