• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Dow 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
I don't understand what you mean by "my option" but I was just trying to say IMHO it is useful to be aware of markets' movements around the world. Nothing happens in isolation any more. HTH.

w2xq

Mentor
Anthony, I assume you saw Yellen's performance today. You have your head and shoulders answer, and probably the 20k answer too. Market reaction predictable. :D

w2xq

Mentor
You'll probably find video clips on the CNBC and Bloomberg web sites if nowhere else. Also I would think the Washington Post newspaper would have coverage, and I would think the Federal Reserve web site would have coverage.

w2xq

Mentor
Check out the Web sites of the Federal Reserve, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business Network, Washington Post et al, and excerpts will probably be replayed on the 3 business TV networks tomorrow morning starting at 6 am Eastern.

w2xq

Mentor
If you are referring to $GPRO, I don't think the market will be influenced by the IPO.. Despite all the fanfare on the launch, the company reported a YOY quarterly loss for the most recent reporting period. I wouldn't be surprised if the share price drops toward the $24 issue price next week as the noise starts up for Alibaba $BABA launch in August on the NYSE.

com501

As long as the Fed continues to pump money into the market it will go up, despite the FACT that the economy is shrinking. When the Fed STOPS, look for a DOW of 10,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.