Down River Mutual Aid & Metro Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPOWLD

I cannot receive Downriver Mutual Aid (Taylor) and Metro Airport systems. I use the frequencies and Talk groups that are shown in RR , but don't hear a thing. I don't know if I'm to far away or not. I remember being able to hear them a couple of years ago. Is it a power problem...lower transmitting power. Just wondering.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I cannot receive Downriver Mutual Aid (Taylor) and Metro Airport systems. I use the frequencies and Talk groups that are shown in RR , but don't hear a thing. I don't know if I'm to far away or not. I remember being able to hear them a couple of years ago. Is it a power problem...lower transmitting power. Just wondering.

Not too sure, i am over in Windsor and am receiving them fine, thou the CC (control channel) has changed to one of the alternates (852.1250 is what is listing for the control channel for me, if u go here Downriver Mutual Aid (Project 25) Radio System Trunking System, SE Wayne County, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies just put in the red and blue freq's and you should be fine. Depending on what kind of scanner you have, I know they did make some changes to the system, think it was re-banded. Look at the thread for the downriver project and go to the last couple pages, explains it all.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget to put in the new TG's for the Downriver Mutual Aid. It's a completely new system from what they had. As far as Metro Airport police & fire they appear to be encrypted now according to the MPSCS database. They may no longer be on their own system.

FPOWLD

As far as I know I have the correct frequencies and talk groups, (3179, 3181,3183,3691for Taylor FD and
3185, 3187,3189,3313, for Taylor PD) The airport PD is encrepyted for FD is not as far as I can tell.

I do have the two 800 sets of frequencies seperated by a VHF frquencey.

Maybe I'll start all over again. Thanks for the input.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
As far as I know I have the correct frequencies and talk groups, (3179, 3181,3183,3691for Taylor FD and
3185, 3187,3189,3313, for Taylor PD) The airport PD is encrepyted for FD is not as far as I can tell.

I do have the two 800 sets of frequencies seperated by a VHF frquencey.

Maybe I'll start all over again. Thanks for the input.

According to the new talkgroups for metro airport, which is now part of the MPSCS, both Metro airport police and FD dispatch & fireground are all encrypted. I know the PD always was encrypted on the old system, but it would appear that FD has gone encrypted as well, according to the DB. I have not actually tried to monitor FD.

What scanner are you using to monitor downriver? If you are using the Radioshack pro 96, or any of its sister scanners (eg pro 2096), you will need to enter a custom tunking table. You can find instructions on how to do that on the Downriver sticky thread here.... http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...r-mutual-aid-project-25-trs-discussion-9.html

FPOWLD

Thanks kd8ati, I noticed last night that all PD & Fd TG's are encrypted, so forget Metro Airport. I am using a PRO96 so I will try to way you suggested using the custom tables for Downriver M/A.

Status
Not open for further replies.