Download a file sent to me for Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom25

I had a file sent to me in the Winn500 program. I got the file open in the program but when I try to down load it, it only gives me the options of the scanners from the sender. Is there a way to change that so that I can download the file?

Highpockets

I had a file sent to me in the Winn500 program. I got the file open in the program but when I try to down load it, it only gives me the options of the scanners from the sender. Is there a way to change that so that I can download the file?

If you can open the file that was sent to you in Win500, you can make changes to the file then upload it to your scanner, and make sure you save the file after you make changes. Here is a Guide to help you with Win500:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Mom25

Ok! I'm new to this so this might be a crazy question but, how do I delete his scanners? It won't let me in the drop down scanners that keeps bringing them up? Thank You for your help!

Mom25

Ha sorry. I'm confusing myself. Yes I have stuff programmed but the file that was sent has their settings in it. Which is fine but when I drop down scanners it has his pro-96/2096 & Pro-97/2055 as options or PSR-310/410. I have a PRO 106 so I'm sure the settings are different. I'm not sure what to change also because it keeps saying com1 is busy & com9 is not available. Which I'm assuming was what he used. When I first downloaded my scanner it let me pick the port on my computer that I was using. This file won't. I've tried saving it as a different file & it still says the same stuff?? What am I missing?

Highpockets

Ha sorry. I'm confusing myself. Yes I have stuff programmed but the file that was sent has their settings in it. Which is fine but when I drop down scanners it has his pro-96/2096 & Pro-97/2055 as options or PSR-310/410. I have a PRO 106 so I'm sure the settings are different. I'm not sure what to change also because it keeps saying com1 is busy & com9 is not available. Which I'm assuming was what he used. When I first downloaded my scanner it let me pick the port on my computer that I was using. This file won't. I've tried saving it as a different file & it still says the same stuff?? What am I missing?

If the file he sent opens and shows the info on the screen, if you made changes or just want to upolad it to your scanner just use the "Upload to Scanner".

Highpockets

I'm reading you posts and the more I read the more I get confused, and I have helped many here, I feel like a jerk. What I would do is start from scratch. Use the Guide I sent you start with a new file. I would import the info you want from the database (take your time and follow the guide) save your work and upload it to your scanner.

Maybe someone who is reading this can jump in and have better idea where you are with this file, I'm lost, and I don't like the feeling. :(

Mom25

Don't feel like a jerk..you are helping! I have saved the file but it says the com which I'm guessing it the port he used to upload his stuff is not available. How can I change that? Maybe I can send you the file & you can see what I'm missing. Maybe because it's a different type of scanner also some of the settings he has will not work with mine?? I just don't know.

Highpockets

Don't feel like a jerk..you are helping! I have saved the file but it says the com which I'm guessing it the port he used to upload his stuff is not available. How can I change that? Maybe I can send you the file & you can see what I'm missing. Maybe because it's a different type of scanner also some of the settings he has will not work with mine?? I just don't know.

If you can stand by a few, I asked a friend for help, I just sent him a PM, and I hope he gets here to assist, he knows his stuff. Look for posts from fmon... :D

Mom25

Ok thank you!! I haven't found anybody in our area that has a clue so your help is very much appreciated!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Your friend apparently sent you a P500 file which was made by downloading from P96 or P97 files. There are two methods to do this--sucking data directly from PC/IF port of a Pro96 and Pro-97 or importing from each scanners own P96 or P97 files. Either method will work and you should be able to upload to your 106 as P500.

Edit the Text in General Settings tab to suite your needs. Save and send to scanner.

Mom25

Ok.. I have the file in Win500 but when I click upload to scanner it says unable to open the port\\.\com9. 2:COM9 does not exist?? My scanner is plugged in to the port & on?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Ok.. I have the file in Win500 but when I click upload to scanner it says unable to open the port\\.\com9. 2:COM9 does not exist?? My scanner is plugged in to the port & on?
In Win500 Configuration Menu click Programing Cables. Your port should be listed.

Highpockets

To add to what Frank has already posted, make sure the short pigtail is not on the end of the cable that plugs into the scanner and it's plugged into the PC/IF port on the scanner. (If you still having problems)

Mom25

Oh my gosh..this is making me crazy. It says polling sender on the scanner when I click upload now & says can't find scanner on the computer?

Highpockets

Just to ask, you did install the cable drivers that came on the CD with the cable for your operating system, (without the cable plugged in) then you plug the cable in.

Mom25

Yes I have. I have downloaded before on it, it's just this one file I can't seem to download. That's why I thought maybe there was something in the file I needed to change. I'm going to keep messing with it and see what I can do. I've looked on my devices & the ports are showing up. I can download from other files.

Highpockets

Yes I have. I have downloaded before on it, it's just this one file I can't seem to download. That's why I thought maybe there was something in the file I needed to change. I'm going to keep messing with it and see what I can do. I've looked on my devices & the ports are showing up. I can download from other files.

If you can, Zip up that file that's giving you trouble (XXXXX.p500) and attach it to a message and we'll take a look at it. You'll see manage attachments 5-6 inches under the text box. (Additional Options)

Status
Not open for further replies.