Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMSRT

I have paid for the upgraded subscription and am still not able to download the database that I need.
I have tried 3 different times to email your company to get a resolution to this problem.
Can you help me to find a resolution, so that I can download the database that I need.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A little more information is needed.

What type of programming software are you using?

What do you mean about "upgraded subscription"? Is this for the programming software, or the RR database (as in being a premimum subscriber)? Your information doesn't suggest you are an RR premium subscriber.

(FWIW, you subscribe to some of the programming software such as ProScan or ARC. That allows you to use the programming software. A second subscription to RR is needed to access the data when using the software).

RAMSRT

I am talking about premium subscriber to download from radioreference.com to my software ARC. I paid to Radio Reference website for a year long subscription.

RAMSRT

I emailed your company 3 times and all 3 times they were returned as undeliverable. The email address I used was support@radioreference.com. Can you please call me at 503-362-5830 or give me a phone number to call. I am very disappointed with the lack of customer support.

n5ims

I have paid for the upgraded subscription and am still not able to download the database that I need.
I have tried 3 different times to email your company to get a resolution to this problem.
Can you help me to find a resolution, so that I can download the database that I need.

I am talking about premium subscriber to download from radioreference.com to my software ARC. I paid to Radio Reference website for a year long subscription.

While I understand your frustration, you may be barking up the wrong tree. To better assist you, please provide specific details on what issues you're having. Specifically:

What software are you using? You stated ARC, but which one? The various versions have different menus so providing this will allow users of this system to better help out. Answers would be "ARC-XT", "ARC310", "ARC500", etc.

What scanner are you using (be specific!)? Possible answers would be "GRE PSR-500", "Radio Shack PRO-197", "Whistler WS1065", etc.

What system(s) are you trying to download? Be specific here since many have similar names. Links to them from the RR database is best if you can provide them.

What issues are you having? "Downloading the database" really doesn't tell us much. Is the issue you can't log in? Is the issue that you your scanner can't communicate with your software? Are you getting any error messages (be specific!)? Screenshots of any errors can be very useful, if you're able to provide them as well (note attachments are size limited so you may need to crop them down using Paint or some other image software prior to attaching them).

One issue is you're asking for support from this web site that provides the data your software processes to program your scanner. This process is well documented and should be invisible to you as a user (except for the login process). Issues with how your software interacts with the database is something that your software provider should work out with this site's support team, not you. Not that it won't affect you, but simply because you can't answer the necessary questions they need to provide this support (e.g. "Which API call are you using that gives the error?").

If the issue is one of how you configure the software to communicate, or how you select the desired system(s) to download, or many other user related questions, the folks on this site can help you quickly get things right. We just need to know what your issues are and what your specific configuration is. Many software vendors (including BuTel, the maker of the ARC series) actively participate in these forums so support is not only from other users, but also from the software authors themselves.

You might try contacting BuTel Software directly as well. Information can be found on this link --> http://www.butel.nl/ <--. Be aware that they are in the Netherlands so their work hours may not match what you may expect from a US based company.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
While I understand your frustration, you may be barking up the wrong tree. To better assist you, please provide specific details on what issues you're having. Specifically:

What software are you using? You stated ARC, but which one? The various versions have different menus so providing this will allow users of this system to better help out. Answers would be "ARC-XT", "ARC310", "ARC500", etc.

What scanner are you using (be specific!)? Possible answers would be "GRE PSR-500", "Radio Shack PRO-197", "Whistler WS1065", etc.

What system(s) are you trying to download? Be specific here since many have similar names. Links to them from the RR database is best if you can provide them.

What issues are you having? "Downloading the database" really doesn't tell us much. Is the issue you can't log in? Is the issue that you your scanner can't communicate with your software? Are you getting any error messages (be specific!)? Screenshots of any errors can be very useful, if you're able to provide them as well (note attachments are size limited so you may need to crop them down using Paint or some other image software prior to attaching them).

One issue is you're asking for support from this web site that provides the data your software processes to program your scanner. This process is well documented and should be invisible to you as a user (except for the login process). Issues with how your software interacts with the database is something that your software provider should work out with this site's support team, not you. Not that it won't affect you, but simply because you can't answer the necessary questions they need to provide this support (e.g. "Which API call are you using that gives the error?").

If the issue is one of how you configure the software to communicate, or how you select the desired system(s) to download, or many other user related questions, the folks on this site can help you quickly get things right. We just need to know what your issues are and what your specific configuration is. Many software vendors (including BuTel, the maker of the ARC series) actively participate in these forums so support is not only from other users, but also from the software authors themselves.

You might try contacting BuTel Software directly as well. Information can be found on this link --> Software for Uniden Whistler HOME PATROL HP1 HP-1 PRO-700 BCD436HP BCD536HP Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr50 <--. Be aware that they are in the Netherlands so their work hours may not match what you may expect from a US based company.

what he is saying makes perfect sense. he's tried to become a premium subscriber here and he has not been given access to download. unfortunately i don't have an answer as to why its not working. i sent an email to the same email address and it came back that my question is pending so the email works.

i emailed them and provided a link to this thread for you. hopefully you get an answer soon.

Last edited:

n5ims

what he is saying makes perfect sense. he's tried to become a premium subscriber here and he has not been given access to download. unfortunately i don't have an answer as to why its not working. i sent an email to the same email address and it came back that my question is pending so the email works.

i emailed them and provided a link to this thread for you. hopefully you get an answer soon.

Glad it's being addressed.

RAMSRT

This issue as I originally stated is that I paid for the premium subscription and when I log into your website it does not allow me access as a premium subscriber. It is not an issue with how to download to the software or the type of software. As I have stated it is an issue with the premium subscription that I paid for and have no access to. when I log in and go to my account information it shows free not upgraded. I paid via paypal and have received nothing in return.

QDP2012

This issue as I originally stated is that I paid for the premium subscription and when I log into your website it does not allow me access as a premium subscriber. It is not an issue with how to download to the software or the type of software. As I have stated it is an issue with the premium subscription that I paid for and have no access to. when I log in and go to my account information it shows free not upgraded. I paid via paypal and have received nothing in return.

I might be wrong, but you might need to check your spam-email folder for a return email from RadioReference that contains "keys" that you should enter into your RR account. Those keys will cause the system to recognize you as a premium-member, which will then show the green premium-member icon in your forum-posts. Once this happens then the download-feature should also become available.

Hope this helps,

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If you paid via PayPal, you should have received an immediate email from PayPal describing the transaction and verifying that it did occur.

If you paid directly via credit card or other means, you still should have received some type of email from your card company documenting the transaction.

So, first, check your bank account/credit card account to make sure that the transaction actually took place and you were actually charged for the subscription. If you can not verify that the payment actually took place, there was probably some minor error and the transaction never occurred. This is not uncommon with some PayPal transactions. I receive money for an alumni association via PayPal, and this seems to happen every once in a while.

Secondly, if your subscription payment was processed by RR, you should have received an immediate email from support@radioreference.com advising you that your subscription has been processed and features are now available to you. If you did not receive that email, then it's highly likely that the payment never occurred.

Verify that your payment did or did not occur first.

RAMSRT

Our credit card was charged, there was no email other than the one from paypal saying that we paid. No, nothing is in the spam folder. I have already checked the normal places to look. Here is a copy of the payment:

You sent a payment of $30.00 USD to RadioReference.com LLC
(webmaster@radioreference.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
RadioReference.com LLC
webmaster@radioreference.com
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Back to why did I pay and not receive what I paid for. I have spent a lot of time trying to sort this out when a simple phone call could have had it handled in 5 minutes. Good old fashioned customer service. Please call 503-362-5830 and ask for Dan or Anne to finish resolving this issue.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Our credit card was charged, there was no email other than the one from paypal saying that we paid. No, nothing is in the spam folder. I have already checked the normal places to look. Here is a copy of the payment:

You sent a payment of $30.00 USD to RadioReference.com LLC
(webmaster@radioreference.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
RadioReference.com LLC
webmaster@radioreference.com
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Back to why did I pay and not receive what I paid for. I have spent a lot of time trying to sort this out when a simple phone call could have had it handled in 5 minutes. Good old fashioned customer service. Please call 503-362-5830 and ask for Dan or Anne to finish resolving this issue.
OK, step 1 is done.

Now, you did not include the date of the transaction. That would now be the most useful piece of information that someone at RR would need to sort this out for you. That and the info that you did verify that the payment occurred should have been provided in your first post.

I just sent the following email to support@radioreference.com on your behalf:

Steve Collins KD2IAT

Mar 31, 11:49

Please look over this thread and see if someone can help this guy.

http://forums.radioreference.com/system-wide-administration/331086-download-database.html

He claims he sent three emails to support@radioreference.com that came back undeliverable.

Thanks!

SteveC0625

I received an immediate autoreply that stated:

Your request (#xxxx) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
http://radioreference.zendesk.com/requests/xxxx

If you sent three emails to support@radioreference.com and all three came back undeliverable, I suggest that you double check your addressing. If that is correct, then take a closer look at the emails you received advising you that yours is undeliverable. The WHY of the undeliverable should tell you a whole bunch about your problem. Based on the WHY of the undeliverable emails, this may or may not be an RR problem.

D

darunimal

In the mean time if its a UNIDEN DMA scanner you can use freescan for free are use right click and Copy and EZ Grab to import and make your systems and groups as you would like. It's more tedious, but it works. FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

RAMSRT

I paid on Mar 29, 2016. But why can't I make a simple phone call to address this issue. Also the address was correct, will check the why.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I paid on Mar 29, 2016. But why can't I make a simple phone call to address this issue. Also the address was correct, will check the why.
RR has 24,530 users. If they were to interact via phone, RR would have to have a call center of some type which gets expensive real quick. Since much of the staff is volunteer, RR chooses to use email and the forums for all contacts. Regardless of appearance or user opinion, there's no monstrous corporate office and staff there. I'd venture that 99% of these online forums are run out of someone's home office.

Can't wait to hear the why.....

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
At 11:31 PM last night, kma371 sent a note through support@radioreference.com on your behalf. I sent one though at about 1:50 PM today, also alerting them to this thread. Lindsay replied at 4:13 PM today while I was typing up the previous post. Your problem is totally solved and the Premium Subscriber badge is now showing on your posts.

It is totally obvious to me that emails to support@radioreference.com get acted upon in a very quick manner.

Still can't wait to hear why your three emails bounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.