downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningman_77

is downloading software as effective as programmming it yourself or is it a waste of $$$? i realize that radio systems change constantly, but do you feel that it's worth it???

Airdorn

I use the UASD software for my 996T and I love it. I couldn't imagine having to twist that knob and push those buttons on the scanner all day to get all my data in there.

I wouldn't recommend spending your $$ on any of that software that does exactly the same thing.

captclint

Mentor
burningman_77 said:
is downloading software as effective as programming it yourself or is it a waste of $$$? i realize that radio systems change constantly, but do you feel that it's worth it???
While e UASD software is good for loading, you should be aware that some software allows you to automatically download an entire county from this site is you are a paid subscriber. This is especially handy for trunking systems, as it sets up all the system para's and TGID's. Your particular set will determine what software is available to do this (UASD software won't). A lot of people make a case for "bare knuckles" manual programming, but software can give you far more flexibility to make changes, as well as understand all the features of the radio.

n2mdk

I think it's worth the money to at least be a premium member here. There are 2 freeware programs BCTool and FreeScan that seem to work fine. The ability to download directly from the database is priceless in my opinion. You definitely need to know how to program the scanner manually but the software can be a big help there as well giving you a good idea of how things get setup in the scanner.
Imagine having to input and Alpha Tag every talkgroup in a large system it takes hours with the software it's done in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.