DPD Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedeb

I'm not sure if that would be better or not. I use a mobile magnet mount on a cookie sheet on a stand by a window for my setup. it works good enough for me I can talk to folks on a Fort Worth Repeater as well as surrounding towns and counties [not as well as if I had a roof mounted to be sure] All I can say if yu want to try it and compare.

Nap

It works in the sense that the missus might eventually approve that you install one in the living room. An Yagi would be definitely out of question......

ermin

I'm just getting ready to enter the amateur radio hobby and I'm putting together my list of must have items for my little shack. One of my biggest concerns is the antenna because of some very restrictive HOA covenants.

I came across this as I was poking around the web. Has anyone used this antenna and if so, how well does it work?

DPD Productions - Ham Radio Antennas for Indoor & Outdoor Applications

Barry

I use a Radio Shack 20-176 in the attic. Works great on 2M & 70CM and with my scanner. IF you have some place to hide it and your not far out in the country I'd get that.

Ermin

LtDoc

I'm afraid that antenna is just too 'good' for me (read 'good' as expensive). A half wave antenna on 2 meters is something like 39 inches of wire, some means of connecting the coax to it, and hanging the thing behind a drape on a window.
Too ugly? So decorate it some way. String plastic beads on it, whatever.
- 'Doc

barryfltht

I'm afraid that antenna is just too 'good' for me (read 'good' as expensive). A half wave antenna on 2 meters is something like 39 inches of wire, some means of connecting the coax to it, and hanging the thing behind a drape on a window.
Too ugly? So decorate it some way. String plastic beads on it, whatever.
- 'Doc

Yep..... Can make my own very cheaply, but I guess I should have phrased my question differently..... Do others have experience with this type of configuration and will it work adequately for an indoor antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.