DPD / DFD / EMS Code Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymichael

Premium Subscriber
I have been reading some posts on the various PD/FD/EMS "10-" codes, Denver District IDs, and other Code #'s. Thank you all who posted to the links listed below.

As a curious listener, I have figured out most of these, but I am wondering if anyone out there can direct me to a comprehensive document or forum post that can help me understand everything that I am hearing instead of just some or most of what I hear.

I think it would be really awesome to read a dispatcher manual or something like that. My brothers are FD and EMS in other states, but it seems like it is different in Colorado than where they live.

Here is what I have read so far:

http://forums.radioreference.com/colorado-radio-discussion-forum/88406-denver-pd-unit-ids.html
Denver County (CO) - The RadioReference Wiki
Denver Maps - Police Stations & Districts

Lists/documentation is the best way I learn.

Any other links you would be willing to post will be really helpful for an listener like myself to actually understand what I am hearing.

Thanks in advance!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Don't have a list but would be more than happy to answer specific questions you might hear while monitoring.

Like Code 9 - non emergent, Code 10 emergent etc.

Jim<

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
There's always the old standby of this:
RADIO CODES & SIGNALS - COLORADO

Be warned that I believe that the above site has been around for more then a decade and most of the information is dated as most agencies around Colorado has phased much of these codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.