DPD, Plano PD, Richardson PD, FBI involved in pursuit/Standoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetxmi

Listening to DPD (SWAT and Channel 12) and Plano PD (Dispatch Channel 2) involved in a pursuit starting in Dallas involving the FBI. One group is currently at Costco off of the Tollway in Plano. Plano SWAT, Uniformed officers, DPD Swat, DPD uniformed officers and DPD deploy are there.

Didn't catch the offense....

Another group was pursuing a second vehicle involved in the same offense....

More to come as I learn more....

UPDATE:

BREAKING NEWS
• Heavily-armed men wearing body armor held up a Richardson bank about 9:15 a.m. and police are now in pursuit of a gold Mercedes. Police say these may have been the "Scarecrow Bandits" who have held up more than a dozen banks in North Texas. Police were in pursuit of several suspects who scattered in different directions.
Link:http://www.wfaa.com/

Last edited:

Firetxmi

Update:

Dallas and Richardson Police arrest 2 men suspected in "Scarecrow Bandits" bank robberies following a high-speed chase. Third suspect believed to be holed up in Costco store in Plano; police evacuating store. Scarecrow Bandits suspected in 20 robberies since July 2007.

Link:http://cbs11tv.com/

Dallas SWAT deploying gas at Costco....

bownasterm

I believe this occurred in central...atleast thats what I gathered from listening earlier the elements in central were trying to find out which bank possibly a Wachovia.

DPD deployment also has some good chatter.

Firetxmi

DPD just stated there is only 1 suspect that is not in custody, the one at Costco.....

UPDATE:

Plano PD enroute to get robot for entry.....

Plano PD just stated that everything within a mile of Costco has been shut down.....

Last edited:

Firetxmi

Parker and Midway Jack in the Box:

Employee states 20 min ago a male was in the location putting on body armor....

May have been SWAT member...

Firetxmi

Suspect in custody now clearing the rest of the building....

UPDATE:

2 Semi-automatic guns found in suspect vehicle at Costco...

Last edited:

bownasterm

FBI stated there are 2 subjects still at large in the DFW area. Deployment is heading to a possible location near Lancaster and I-20

Firetxmi

FBI en route to secure scene at Costco. The other FBI units already on scene had to go to the other locations related to this incident.

Firetxmi

bownasterm said:
FBI stated there are 2 subjects still at large in the DFW area. Deployment is heading to a possible location near Lancaster and I-20

With their buddies in custody I imagine it is only a matter of time before they are taken down....

bownasterm

Firetxmi said:
With their buddies in custody I imagine it is only a matter of time before they are taken down....

True. "Give me a lesser sentence and ill tell you where the others are"

Firetxmi

That made for one heck of a listening experience.....

It was almost too much to monitor all those channels.

bownasterm

I thought it was fun hearing the info come over dpd then spill over plano and then spill over to deployment or vice versa

Firetxmi

bownasterm said:
I thought it was fun hearing the info come over dpd then spill over plano and then spill over to deployment or vice versa

It was...

The delay in sharing of info was interesting to note.

Overall, it sounded like they did an excellent job.

Firetxmi

UPDATE:

According to traffic on DPD Deployment Citywide:

All suspects in custody. None are being sought near Lancaster anymore.

RESCUE4NFD

All the news about the "Scarecrow Bandits" is great,But I have several friends who work for GPD and the Kroger Food store at Shilo/Campbell is in their Patrol Beat in Garland.The FBI/DPD Task Force didn't Inform GPD that they had a Stakeout going on at Kroger's.The 2 Garland officers just happened to be in the Shopping Center where the Kroger store is when the arrest of 2 Female suspects took place.I thought is was common pratice to inform a city that you could have a "SHOOTOUT" in your city.The Garland officers were "ALLOWED" to transport the suspects for the FBI.The FBI agents gave both Garland Officers a pair of Oakley Shooting glasses for "HELPING" out....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.