DPS Helicopter Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillySLC

So a few weeks ago, there was a high speed chase that originated in SL County and traveled north through Davis County. My son and his friend were nearly taken out by this race. As my son describes it, they were driving north on I-15 when a bright light briefly flashed on them, and they didn't give it much thought until a few seconds later when the high speed chase passed them. The perpetrators nearly clipped them and that would have been bad at 65+MPH. At that point they realized that the UHP helicopter was spotlighting the chase and that was what the brief flash of light that they saw was.

So my question is this. How does the UHP chopper communicate with various different district talk groups? It would be very interesting to listen in on the chopper traffic.

Utah_Viper

So a few weeks ago, there was a high speed chase that originated in SL County and traveled north through Davis County. My son and his friend were nearly taken out by this race. As my son describes it, they were driving north on I-15 when a bright light briefly flashed on them, and they didn't give it much thought until a few seconds later when the high speed chase passed them. The perpetrators nearly clipped them and that would have been bad at 65+MPH. At that point they realized that the UHP helicopter was spotlighting the chase and that was what the brief flash of light that they saw was.

So my question is this. How does the UHP chopper communicate with various different district talk groups? It would be very interesting to listen in on the chopper traffic.

I was monitoring that pursuit that night. It ended up in Ogden. As to what TG's the chopper uses it can be anything on UCAN. I have heard them on quite a few times on various TG's. That night they were on SL Regional and that was patched to Ops 5 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.