DPS & Narrowband

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Alright got a quick question here.. does the Texas DPS use the narrowband frequencies yet in the Dallas area? If they don't do they have any plans in the upcoming near future to switch the the narrowband?

Matt

nd5y

Last time I heard Dallas was 2 weeks ago and they were still on 155.460.
They will switch to digital sometime in the future. I don't know when.

mbstone99

Dallas DPS

I wa down there in August and didn't hear any of the narrowband frequencies active.. just the normal dispatch channels. I am going to be moving down in November and was just wondering if I should keep them in my radio or not.

Matt

DPS8504

The Dallas region has not switched to the digital yet. The only thing on narrowband and digital is the Decatur repeater worked out of Wichita Falls. Nearly all the old wideband equipment has been replaced with Motorola Quantars. The Dallas region should be going digital in the next 6 to 12 months if not sooner.

mbstone99

Dallas DPS

DPS8504 said:
The Dallas region has not switched to the digital yet. The only thing on narrowband and digital is the Decatur repeater worked out of Wichita Falls. Nearly all the old wideband equipment has been replaced with Motorola Quantars. The Dallas region should be going digital in the next 6 to 12 months if not sooner.

Ok thanks that answers my question.. I guess once I move I should start savng up for a BC396T.. :)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.