DPS on NCTCOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm hearing DPS Tollway Units (NTTA) on the NCTCOG system. TG 60035. Regular patrol, accidents, traffic stops, etc. Don't know if it's temporary or not.

Russell

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing DPS Tollway Units (NTTA) on the NCTCOG system. TG 60035. Regular patrol, accidents, traffic stops, etc. Don't know if it's temporary or not.

Russell
There's a number of other unidentified talkgroups showing up on that system, many of which may be law enforcement related. I'm going to try and run a discovery session, capturing some recordings, to try to get a better idea of usage for each.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
hiegtx, on the COG side or the Dallas Simulcast side?
Dallas Simulcast does have activity with water department, parking enforcement and some police stuff.
The COG side of the system is quiet with the exception of the new DPS NTTA talk group.
The original poster is talking about the COG side of the system as DPS NTTA is not showing up on the Dallas Simulcast side of things.

They really need to make it two different systems.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Correct, DPS Tollway is on the COG side. I hear Dallas, Collin and Denton sites, not site 1. DNT, GBT and SRT. I'm too far away to hear the Tarrant site.

They share the controller and system ID, so the big book says they're the same system. :)

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
hiegtx, on the COG side or the Dallas Simulcast side?
Dallas Simulcast does have activity with water department, parking enforcement and some police stuff.
The COG side of the system is quiet with the exception of the new DPS NTTA talk group.
The original poster is talking about the COG side of the system as DPS NTTA is not showing up on the Dallas Simulcast side of things.

They really need to make it two different systems.
I'm hearing a growing number of what appears to be DPD talkgroups o the "Dallas Simulcast". I have the system programmed as in the database, with the Dallas Simulcast, as well as the NCTCOG sites. And, as Russell said, DPS is showing up on the COG Dallas site. My log shows 4 DPS hits from the Collin County site. I don't recall ever seeing anything, any talkgroup, come up on the Denton or Tarrant county sites. Probably out of range for me.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
DPD's deployment units (covert, surveillance, crime suppression, helicopter surveillance, some K-9 stuff, stake outs, etc) are still very active on the old analog city system. Ive never heard any DPD units on the COG system, although I listen to this system a lot less. What type of DPD stuff are yall hearing on the COG system? One thing ive never heard on the analog Dallas system is narcotics/vice.....maybe thats what on the COG now?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing a growing number of what appears to be DPD talkgroups o the "Dallas Simulcast". I have the system programmed as in the database, with the Dallas Simulcast, as well as the NCTCOG sites. And, as Russell said, DPS is showing up on the COG Dallas site. My log shows 4 DPS hits from the Collin County site. I don't recall ever seeing anything, any talkgroup, come up on the Denton or Tarrant county sites. Probably out of range for me.

Have they been changing the output power recently or working with the angle of the antennas? Just noticed last week I am no longer receiving the Dallas Simulcast site at my house. Used to hear them crystal clear? Have the Tarrant County NCTOG layer though. Hopefully they will be adding more sites to the system as they transition over

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
DPD's deployment units (covert, surveillance, crime suppression, helicopter surveillance, some K-9 stuff, stake outs, etc) are still very active on the old analog city system. Ive never heard any DPD units on the COG system, although I listen to this system a lot less. What type of DPD stuff are yall hearing on the COG system? One thing ive never heard on the analog Dallas system is narcotics/vice.....maybe thats what on the COG now?
Love Field DPD Dispatch is now on the Dallas Simulcast layer. Parking enforcement and City Mrshalls are there as well. I've identified some of the later two, but stll listening to recordings from a Discovery session to see if I can establish channel #s, and/orareas covered (for the parking enforcement groups). There are also several full time encrypted talkgroups, but I don't have my list handy.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Have they been changing the output power recently or working with the angle of the antennas? Just noticed last week I am no longer receiving the Dallas Simulcast site at my house. Used to hear them crystal clear? Have the Tarrant County NCTOG layer though. Hopefully they will be adding more sites to the system as they transition over
I've heard testing off and on from the Dallas Simulcast site. Sounds like they are surveying signal strength at various locations or buildings, possibly to nail down where additional simulcast sites will be placed, or whether antenna patterns need to be adjusted.

Saw a note over on the DFWScan Yahoo group that serveral cities are looking to join GMRS, the Garland/Mesquite/Rowlett/Sachse system.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to that same exact talkgroup on the Tarrant County site for the last few weeks. I checked with some friends just to confirm this was who I was hearing and they were able to confirm this talkgroup was the DPS Tollway Authority.

I'm only picking up the Tarrant County site currently and I was a little surprised to hear this traffic. I have picked up other NTTA traffic on the other talkgroups before on the system as well as a patch one time with one of the FWRSS Law interoperability channels. I thought I had a good new surveillance channel for a little bit until I realized one of my other radios scanning the IO channels had the same traffic.

I haven't been listening a whole lot to this Dallas P25 / NCTCOG TRS until this year. But I have started back putting it in my scan list on my SDS200 and I like to check it out a little bit each week just to find out if something new is popping up.

I'm also not really sure when the DPS Tollway Authority talkgroup became active. But from some of the friends that helped me confirm this was them, it does seem like this talkgroup has been in use for a while. I think that it has just started coming across on the Tarrant County site in recent months and that's why I had thought it was new when I came across it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to that same exact talkgroup on the Tarrant County site for the last few weeks. I checked with some friends just to confirm this was who I was hearing and they were able to confirm this talkgroup was the DPS Tollway Authority.

I'm only picking up the Tarrant County site currently and I was a little surprised to hear this traffic. I have picked up other NTTA traffic on the other talkgroups before on the system as well as a patch one time with one of the FWRSS Law interoperability channels. I thought I had a good new surveillance channel for a little bit until I realized one of my other radios scanning the IO channels had the same traffic.

I haven't been listening a whole lot to this Dallas P25 / NCTCOG TRS until this year. But I have started back putting it in my scan list on my SDS200 and I like to check it out a little bit each week just to find out if something new is popping up.

I'm also not really sure when the DPS Tollway Authority talkgroup became active. But from some of the friends that helped me confirm this was them, it does seem like this talkgroup has been in use for a while. I think that it has just started coming across on the Tarrant County site in recent months and that's why I had thought it was new when I came across it.

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)
Brian,
I've had the Dallas P25/NCTCOG system in several scanners for quite a while, in ID Search mode. According to the logs in ProScan, I first saw TGID 60035 coming up around My 21st. Whether they started earlier, or perhaps on a different talkgroup, I did not hear any traffic that appeared to be DPS, until 60035 started showing up.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed the talkgroup 60029 on the NCTCOG Dallas Simulcast site, is broadcasting the same audio as D-FW ISSI 5 on the Fort Worth Regional system. The DPS Troopers assisting DPD are using this to communicate to Dallas PD.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed the talkgroup 60029 on the NCTCOG Dallas Simulcast site, is broadcasting the same audio as D-FW ISSI 5 on the Fort Worth Regional system. The DPS Troopers assisting DPD are using this to communicate to Dallas PD.

Anyone by chance have a name for this talk group yet? Would like to put this in my radio for work tonight but would like to know the name to avoid confusion if they start keying up on others or switching between for any reason…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've heard traffic like this before where it was either one of the Law IO channels or one of the ISSI channels that was being patched over to the Dallas P25 / NCTCOG system channel or maybe visa versa. I actually came across its first on the Dallas P25 / NCTCOG system and thought I had found something new but then on another radio I heard the traffic on the Fort Worth IO channels. This was probably about two or three months ago when I heard the similar type of use going on one night.

Is what is going on now related to the Grand Prairie officer and his funeral today? I haven't seen any news and I have not been able to listen a lot today so I'm not sure if it might be related to that or if that may have already ended today?

Besides 60035 and 60029, do we know of any more DPS talkgroups on this Dallas P25 / NCTCOG system? And thanks for the heads up on this one Harold.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Last night DPD UHF Ch.12 was VERY active with a dedicated dispatcher. I counted over 15 different DPS units on this channel doing a big street crimes enforcement sweep in South Dallas last night with DPD. I assume Ch. 12 was patched with a NCTCOG DPS TG. I expect this to continue for a while.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'd be willing to bet 60029 thru 60035 are all programmed in to the DPS radios. Program them all into your scanners. I wouldn't be surprised if DPS Dallas wasn't patched (or maybe multiselect) to one of the COG talk groups, as well.

I'd also program the NCTCOG system, all four sites (20 -23), as a single system into your scanner. And program the Dallas P25 simulcast layer (site 1) as it's own system. That way they'e easier to monitor and manage.

Good catch, y'all. I wondered where the troopers would show up in Dallas. Should be some good listening.

Thanks,
Russell

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Submitted a few TGIDs I picked up on a Discovery run.

Also seeing about a dozen TGIDs that appear to be part or full time encrypted.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hearing DPS units doing traffic stops in the Fair Park area on 60029, on the Dallas NCTCOG layer this afternoon.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Last night DPD UHF Ch.12 was VERY active with a dedicated dispatcher. I counted over 15 different DPS units on this channel doing a big street crimes enforcement sweep in South Dallas last night with DPD. I assume Ch. 12 was patched with a NCTCOG DPS TG. I expect this to continue for a while.
I have a friend that's a DPD officer and he told me the same exact thing last night. There was a short news story the other day also on one of the local news stations about DPS helping DPD but they didn't explain it very well and I didn't realize it was going to be one of these task force operations.

Fort Worth has had a number of these in the last few months and I'm glad Dallas is having the same thing since they really seem to need it out that way.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.