DPS re-districting info

Status
Not open for further replies.

caphab1

Heard some interesting comms today from DPS.. Dispatcher calling Metro South Units. From what I can gather south is referencing south of the 60 and other areas. This was heard on Metro East Channel.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I heard the same on Metro East. It was for a debris call on the I-10 at Warner and another at Pecos Road.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Callsigns for South units seem to be 18xx. They are using Metro East freq.

On APBs, code 34s, and debris calls, dispatchers are calling "District 13 Units", "District 18 Units", or "All East Units".

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
On APBs, code 34s, and debris calls, dispatchers are calling "District 13 Units", "District 18 Units", or "All East Units".

In this case, the dispatcher said "I need a Metro South unit for debris in the roadway, ...". But yes, I'm sure the preferred protocol is as you've stated.

By the way, cellphone, that's an cool callsign you've got there.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Metro South Channel Change?

This morning I heard the Dispatcher on Metro East tell all the District 18 units to 10-52 (change channel) to South. I then thought (it was breaking up) I heard the 1800 units checking on with a Dispatcher on CID 1.

Anyone else with intel on this?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
This morning I heard the Dispatcher on Metro East tell all the District 18 units to 10-52 (change channel) to South. I then thought (it was breaking up) I heard the 1800 units checking on with a Dispatcher on CID 1.

Anyone else with intel on this?

Richard,

Did you try the "YRCS" 800 mhz TRS ?

I have been hearing a lot of "south" activity on TG 1014, DPS CI South.

Yuma Regional Communications System, (YRCS) Trunking System, Yuma, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I can also confirm that "Metro South" units are using CI1 for dispatch. On YRCS, there are no talkgroups active with patches, and no unusual talkgroups popping up.

Cameron1055

The Same thing happened at 1:00 PM today, I heard the dispatcher advise all Metro South units to switch over to channel CI-01.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I talked to a trooper last night, and he says they will be moving to that channel on a regular basis, if not full time soon, he just wasn't sure when.

SCPD

QRT
I can also confirm that "Metro South" units are using CI1 for dispatch. On YRCS, there are no talkgroups active with patches, and no unusual talkgroups popping up.

Well, the northern Arizona rule of not traveling south of Camp Verde from April to October has passed so my wife and I may be headed that way soon. I want to understand this Metro Southern District thing and want to verify that the CI1 channel is the UHF frequency not the Yuma Regional system talkgroup. If so then 460.275 MHz. Anyone catch a PL? 100.0 or 151.4?

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
UHF Analog CI 1 is currently being used as District 18 Metro South. Frequency is 460.275000 PL 100.0

So far, the YRCS patch is intermittent. I haven't been able to recognize a pattern of when they do it.

Last edited:

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
DPS still hasn't added info about district 18 to their website, they did however add "Night Watch District 7" which is on District 5 (Metro Central) during the overnight hours. The callsigns change from 5xx to 7xx with the third shift. From what I can tell, this is only done in the Central district, West, East & South keep their respective unit numbers. Anyone else confirm that?

AZ165

Premium Subscriber
DPS still hasn't added info about district 18 to their website, they did however add "Night Watch District 7" which is on District 5 (Metro Central) during the overnight hours. The callsigns change from 5xx to 7xx with the third shift. From what I can tell, this is only done in the Central district, West, East & South keep their respective unit numbers. Anyone else confirm that?

West, East, South and Central are all 7xx for night watch. 710/720 central, 730/740 east and south, 750/760 west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
West, East, South and Central are all 7xx for night watch. 710/720 central, 730/740 east and south, 750/760 west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect, Ill be listening for that now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.