DRED North

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip0157

Has anyone been able to monitor the DRED North 151.295 channel? I have a GRE PSR-500 with a quarter wave outside antenna in Center Conway. The radio will stop scanning (correct NAC) but I don't hear any voice. Occasionally I do hear the digital garble. The signal indicator shows almost full bars. I have also tried the attenuation.
Thanks for any help.

ecps92

Thought.... did they [or that one unit] go ENC ??
Has anyone been able to monitor the DRED North 151.295 channel? I have a GRE PSR-500 with a quarter wave outside antenna in Center Conway. The radio will stop scanning (correct NAC) but I don't hear any voice. Occasionally I do hear the digital garble. The signal indicator shows almost full bars. I have also tried the attenuation.
Thanks for any help.

skip0157

I haven't heard of them going encrypted. Once in a while I do catch a little normal voice.

ecps92

The other thought is it is now Simulcast, so you are capturing multiple repeaters at the same time

Won't be up that way for another 2 weeks to see what is going on....
I haven't heard of them going encrypted. Once in a while I do catch a little normal voice.

skip0157

I was thinking that also. I did turn on the attenuation and I still see almost full bars, but I don't know exactly where the repeaters are. I know that I can't hit the DMR or analog repeaters on Mt. Wash because there is a good size hill between where I am and the mountain.

ecps92

From the FCC the Repeater sites are:

Stewartstown, Mt Washington, Franconia, Groton, Ossipee, and Concord

One of the Licenses has UHF Links from Waterville Valley and Campton
sometimes listening to Links helps [like the old NHSP UHF Link from Groton]

I was thinking that also. I did turn on the attenuation and I still see almost full bars, but I don't know exactly where the repeaters are. I know that I can't hit the DMR or analog repeaters on Mt. Wash because there is a good size hill between where I am and the mountain.

nhfirefighter

Thanks for any help.

I have been noticing the same thing since last summer. I never hear fire towers or CAP patrols like in the past. Occasionally I catch one of the fire patrol trucks talking up northern COOS County but that is the exception. I am using an Astro25 radio with a NAC of F7E and even set modulation to CQPSK since it is a simulcast system. I know they have the ability to go encrypted and have to wonder if this is the cause but I am not convinced it is it.

I have also noticed the rangers have been using the local State Police or Sheriff dispatchers for most of their traffic over the past year so I have to wonder if DRED stopped staffing their dispatch center and this noise is some sort of interference. While I don't get the same noise on DRED south I don't hear any traffic on that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.