Dressler ARA 30 with Yaesu 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakob89

Hello from Berlin.

I have a Yaesu 7000 and a Dressler ARA 30 active antenna.

my questos is:

whitch power supply module could I use für the Antenna.
The original ARA30 12v module is not available.
they stopped production and i can`t find it any more.

do i need to ground the active antenna and the yaeso 7000 (i think so) but i cant find a playe for the cable.

do anybode could give me a copy of the yaesu 7000 manual or say me where to find it?

i'm sorry for my bad english but i hope of a lot constructive replies

al the best from Berlin,
jakob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<LOL> No Scott, he's not asking about an amplifier - what he is asking about is a very old Yaesu receiver known as the FRG7000, which was the follow up to the very popular FRG7.

Jakob, you don't need to ground the active antenna, but grounding the receiver is always a good idea, if you can. The power supply for the antenna might be a problem - if you can find out the amount of current that would be required, you MIGHT find something at an electronics shop. However be VERY careful about the polarity of the center pin. If the antenna's power connection needs a minus at that point, and you put a plus in, you will likely fry the amplifier in the antenna. Some Euro antennas use a minus center pin.

Where to find the owner's manual? Guten Frage - unfortunately I have no idea right at the moment.

I wish my German was better - but in any case, Viel Gluck und 73 Mike

jakob89

Hey Guys

I found a German handbook for the Yaesu FRG7000 and a 12v power supply.

http://www.thiecom.de/ftp/dressler/rsm2000.jpg

I'm not sure but i think in could work.
Now, i have an other important question:

The Yaesu FRG 7000 has 2 imputs for 2 antenna's

1 coax input for 1,6 to 30mhz
and an other High ohm connection for wire antenna for 250 khz to 1,6 mhz.

In the manual i read, the Yaesu frt7000 in concepted for two antennas.

My question:

The ARA 30 active antenna gets 40 khz to 30mhz.
and I want to use it only. i will install this system on my sailboat and don't want a wire antenna there,

when you see this picture, is it possible to connect only the active antenna?

Thank's a lot.
jakob

Scott_PHX_APP

KA3JJZ,
You know, I saw that also and didn't know for sure if it was the right one. :) Thanks for correcting me on that... I'm guessing that the antenna has a built in amp simplex powered?
Later...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Scott I think so, but I'm not sure. I've never disassembled - heck, much less even owned - one of the Dressler active antennas. The warning is valid, though - gotta watch the polarity of those blasted wall warts when working with Euro equipment like this. Good way to burn out a rather expensive antenna.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.