BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help me with this problem. I had to replace my hard Drive on my computer a couple of weeks ago, before the drive went I had my 996P2 connected to this same computer for over a year.

Now when I reinstalled the drive I keep getting an error that this is the wrong dviver, I'm running Win7 on a 32bit system.

I have also tried connecting to my win10 computer, which from what I've read should install automatically. I wondering if my USB cable is bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
N9PVW

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
996P2

First, thank you for your reply.. I have deleted and reinstalled Numerous times with the same results. In the file manager it shows AN identified device which I redirect to where I installed the drivers, I redownloaded the drivers just to make sure that they weren't bad..yes I did delete the drivers that I installed before.

Like I mentioned in the above post even when installing this radio onto my Windows 10 computer I'm still getting a driver error which is not supposed to happen because from my understanding it should automatically install.

I'm inclined to believe that either the cable is the problem or its the radio?

phask

Premium Subscriber
No the driver will not automatically install when you connect the radio. If one does - it will be the wrong driver. If installed it will select the correct driver, but it must be installed.

It shroud say something like Uniden xxx in device driver - but that is from memory so may be wrong.

Could always try another cable.

Have it on 3 or 4 different PC's. Both 886p2 and 325p2 (both use the same driver).

Status
Not open for further replies.