DSD+ Cap+ Channel Active question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

I'm running DSD+ v2.18 with FMP24 Fast Lane with the 4 modified batch files in Control/Rest following mode.

I'm current looking at the Cap+ systems in my area to determine frequencies for channel numbers.
I noticed in DSD+ the 'Channel Activity' window is showing spaces between S1,S2 and channels numbers (see pic)

In this case Cap+ following this set of channels seems OK but it's not overly active so it may not be pushing out to the other frequencies/channels.

Are the spaces to indicate that there may be more possible channels or is it just a quirk with Cap+ following, I don't think I've noticed it with TIII, Con+ systems I've scanned.

Cheers.

Attachments

• CapPlusBlanks.jpg
    CapPlusBlanks.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 340

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the space has any significance. If there were missing frequencies, you would see the rest channel jumping to blank LCN's (i.e. for which you haven't identified a frequency).

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I think this is a bug that was introduced in 2.18 version. It seems sometimes that the space between gets quite large if you let it run for a log time.

thewraith2008

OK thanks for the replies. Good to know it's not missing something.

Trying to find these Cap+ matching frequencies is becoming a real pain. I find a few frequencies that are LCN 3,4 but can't locate LCN 1,2. Looked up and down the spectrum for the pulses when the rest channel was active on LCN 1 or 2, but no go. I assume that the site for LCN 1,2 would be at the same location as LCN 3,4.

Information (if any) on the local 'Register of Radiocommunications Licences' or on RR does not yield anything.

Oh well, Happy thoughts.

Cheers

thewraith2008

Just to further what I'm seeing with these spaces, I'm noticing that they may be related to the Slot1,2 positions.

This is seen while monitoring DMR Cap+ system.

Watching the 'CC Channel Activity' window I see a call come in one of a few ways.

1. Starts in S1 or S2 and stays there. (Audio heard if use key 1,2)
2. Starts in S1 or S2 then moves to one of the LCN positions.
3. Starts in one of the blanks and stays there. (Audio heard if use key 1,2)
4. Starts in one of the blanks then moves to one of the LCN positions. (Audio heard if use key 1,2)
5. Starts in one on LCN positions.

So it seems like all the spaces are Slot1 and 2 duplicated with out a name.

Attachments

• DMRCapspacefilled.jpg
    DMRCapspacefilled.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 259

thewraith2008

Just to expand a bit further with this.

I'm running DSD+ v2.29 with FMP24 Fast Lane with the 4 modified batch files in Control/Rest following mode.

This issue not noticed with other networks with this setup. (So far...)

I have a 2 frequency Cap+ network

LCN 1,2 = 493.025
LCN 3,4 = 493.725

I know these two frequencies are a pair because I can see the call announcements for the same TG and RIDs when the Rest channel switches between frequencies.

When Rest channel is on LCN 1 or 2, calls appear and all seems fine. I noticed that calls never seem to announce on LCN 3,4 from Rest on LCN 1 or 2.

When Rest channel is on LCN 3 or 4, call announcements for LCN 1 and 2 appear in 'Event LOG' window and all seems fine. Also calls do not appear on LCN 3 or 4 but appear in S1 or S2 or the blanks that appear in the channel activity window. When Rest moves from LCN 3 or 4 to 1 or 2, the calls that are in S1 or S2 stop abruptly and disappear from the 'Channel activity' window.

Anyone else seeing this issue or know how to resolve it?

Cheers.

Attachments

• BadCap.jpg
    BadCap.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 184
Status
Not open for further replies.