dsd+ decodes cc, but garbled voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

connected scanner with discriminator output with headphone cable to computer soundcard

dsd+ decodes control channel good ..but with conventional, unencrypted p25 voice channels i cannot understand one word

dsd+ outputs to the speakers, can hear whats its sending

connected the headphone cable to the line in on the soundcard, the microphone, and turned those recording levels up and down,,,turned up and down the discriminator gain on the scanner, changed the polarity. nothing works

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
4 or 5 bars for everything

I assume you are using SDR#. You did not say.

Assuming Signal --> SDRSharp --> DSDSplus

* make sure "Filter Audio" is UNCHECKED
* set NFM
* set Bandwidth 8000
* make sure your volume isn't set too high or too low

Assuming you are getting good decodes in the DOS window of DSDPlus but are getting unintelligible audio, then it's a simple case of the audio being encrypted.

mike

frazpo

Are you getting alot of errors on your DSD terminal window? Screenshots sometimes help,

bailly2

only if i turn up the level when using the microphone input or turn up the gain of the discriminator tap on the psr 800 scanner, otherwise very few

M105

Old computer maybe? The CC requires a lot less CPU than voice. Is it a phase 1 system? The CC is the same on both P1 and P2. Sure it isn't encrypted?

bailly2

i will post an audio sample if you can give me some possible causes and solutions of this problem you would know by hearing it

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
i will post an audio sample if you can give me some possible causes and solutions of this problem you would know by hearing it

Raw audio is the only audio that is useful. If you can't / won't post raw audio, you're on your own at this point. Decoded audio (after DSDPlus) is not what is needed. Raw Audio (before DSDPlus) is what is needed. That can be recorded with the 'r' option.

Nobody can guarantee that they can give you any useful answers if you do post the raw audio, but I'm pretty sure that nobody will be able to help you out any further without it. You're not very forthcoming with any information.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.