DSD / DSDPlus P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTJustice

Are there any immediate plans to implement P25 Phase II in either DSD or DSD+? If not, is there another decoder available?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Are there any immediate plans to implement P25 Phase II in either DSD or DSD+? If not, is there another decoder available?

The only SDR program supporting Phase II is OP-25. It is NOT easy to install, but it works great once you get it working.

jets1961

OP25 is nice but sure would like it in DSD+. I saw a post somewhere (here I think) about it not being a priority for the DSD+ team, which leaves me scratching my head in wonder.

With all the Phase II systems popping up why not have it working in the best decoder out there? Any comment DSD+ team?

DSD+ supporter.

thewraith2008

It's a piece of cake - just run "./install.sh" and the automated install script does the rest

I think that's missing a few steps me thinks.

The thread "VirtualBox Project - Run OP25 on Windows 7" with 99 pages, 1,977 replies and 238,685 views shows just how much of a chore it is.

If your going to install it, just make sure your Phase II is not encrypted. Or it will be a big waste of time.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy

The thread "VirtualBox Project - Run OP25 on Windows 7" with 99 pages, 1,977 replies and 238,685 views shows just how much of a chore it is.

If your going to install it, just make sure your Phase II is not encrypted. Or it will be a big waste of time.

The thread has followed the project over the last few years…newer revisions have greatly simplified installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattSR

Having built and installed it countless times since it's early inception, I know exactly what's involved. These days it's a simple git pull then run the install script like I said above.

If you read the latter part of thread you just quoted, it will tell you the exact that thing I just said then.

Status
Not open for further replies.