• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

DSD+ Error??

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1DDC

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what this means? I haven't seen it before in all the years I've been using DSD+ and UniTrunker... For some reason in the middle of decoding the tower next to mine showed in red and started displaying "ISOLATED" several times then started displaying "ISOLATED, FAILED". Does anyone know what this means? The tower is still up & running because my radio still affiliates to it & I hear radio traffic... Thanks

Attachments

I see the same thing here. It just means that a site has lost its voice/data link back to the central controller. Definitely expected here when the portable Site On Wheels is in storage. Don't see how it's an "error".

Attachments

N1DDC

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the reply. I kinda had a feeling it was the Site losing its "handshake" with the Master Zone Controller. The strange thing was at this time my radio affiliated just fine and I was hearing usual transmissions AND I could transmit without any problem. Maybe it only lasted a few seconds, not sure. I also never got any Site Trunking displayed on my radio either. I had never seen it before which is why it struck me as odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.