DSD+ Filtering out Encrypted voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

breford

Hi, having a little trouble . New to SDR as our local services are cutting over to P25 , my local control channel has , police (encrypted), ambulance and fire ( not encrypted). My challenge is the scanner sometimes locks onto an encrypted trunk (police) and until that drops off I cant here anything . Ive only set this up using the 7 part tutorial on utube . I don't want to crack any codes of encryption but rather just filter this out , will attach screenshots ,, any ideas ?? Want to get the 20001 user if I could as a priority .

Attachments

• EVLOG.PNG
    EVLOG.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSDSCREEN.PNG
    DSDSCREEN.PNG
    187.3 KB · Views: 59

breford

Hi, having a little trouble . New to SDR as our local services are cutting over to P25 , my local control channel has , police (encrypted), ambulance and fire ( not encrypted). My challenge is the scanner sometimes locks onto an encrypted trunk (police) and until that drops off I cant here anything . Ive only set this up using the 7 part tutorial on utube . I don't want to crack any codes of encryption but rather just filter this out , will attach screenshots ,, any ideas ?? Want to get the 20001 user if I could as a priority .
, tried to mess around with settings with no luck thus far

Attachments

• Voice.PNG
    Voice.PNG
    59.9 KB · Views: 29
  • scanner.PNG
    scanner.PNG
    62.1 KB · Views: 26

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Is this the Fast-Lane version? If this is the old public one, there's bound to be problems.

You're better off having FL via do all the work via TCP rather than have it work with Unitrunker.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Read the text files in the dsd folder. If you run from a batch file, there is a switch that mutes enc audio. Go in your dsd folder and search the word encrypt.It should list a notes file.

This is from my last notes txt
Code:
DSD+ 2.71 New Features

Modified -e and 'E' handling;
    If the user specifies that encrypted traffic should be muted, DSD+ will temporarily
    lock out encrypted trunked P25 calls and will not tune VC FMPA/FMP24 to the calls.
    On P25 systems with some encrypted groups, it is no longer necessary to lock out
    all encrypted groups; just use -e on the command line or press 'E' to lock out all
    encrypted calls.
    This also enables monitoring of talkgroups that have a mix of clear and encrypted traffic.

breford

If the talkgroups are always encrypted, simply lock them out.

chris
,Thanks chris, that's what im trying to do , dave replied about altering a batch file, with limited technical experience I will try to do this I suppose , any more ideas guys and gals keep them coming, and thanks .

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You have a few options.

Unitrunker options
If you become a premium subscriber at radioreference, you should be able to download the system directly into unitrunker. That would program unitrunker with all the talkgroups. You could then go in and lock out all the known enc ones.

You can also compare talkgroups unitrunker has saved vs radioreference data and lock out the enc ones. (No subscription needed).

DSDPlus options
How are you starting DSDPlus? If you are starting with a bat file, add -E in the line somewhere after dsdplus.
DSDPlus -i1 -o4 -v3 -E >>CC.log

If your clicking on dsdplus.exe, after the program is up and running, click somewhere in the event log window and press e on the keyboard. It should return Encrypted voice automute enabled like in this pic.

Capture.JPG

Also, could you post a link to the system and site you have running in Unitrunker in your screenshot above? Looks like you have UHf freqs on the 400 MHZ range mixed with VHf freqs in the 162 MHz range.

moonbounce

I have the same setup as you and all I did was raise the priority of the encrypted signals to 100 then in Unitrunker in the signal VCO set the Rank to say 50. of all of the signals you want to hear you can set their priority somewhere under 50 and the encrypted signals will be locked out.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.