DSD+ issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hello folks! I'm having a little bit of an issue here. I have the subscription-based DSD+ FastLane w/ current version 2.39 and current FMP24 version. The issue I'm having is I can't seem to get the Over-the-Air Aliasing to work properly... My signal is good, no errors showing, and it's decoding just fine as you can see on my screens... A good friend of mine is also running the same setup and versions as me, but he is a lot closer to the Control Channel site, and he is getting Aliases without any problems. I've tried everything I can think of. I will attach pics of what my screen shows and what my friend's screen shows. The first 3 photos are of my screens to show that I am not getting any Aliases, and the 4th photo is my friend's screen showing he is getting Aliases on the same site as mine... The site in question is an NXDN-48 system.

My FMP24 Command is very basic and simple: FMP24 -i2 -o20002 -f462.7375
And my DSD+ Command is also basic: DSDPlus -rc -i20002

Is there commands that I need to enable or something? It's very strange that my friend is running the same exact site that I am and he is getting Aliasing and I'm not... I would appreciate any and all input/help! Thanks!

Attachments

• DSD1.jpg
    DSD1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSD2.jpg
    DSD2.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 285
  • DSD3.jpg
    DSD3.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Phillip-DSD.jpg
    Phillip-DSD.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 280

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't know for sure, but it might be as simple as you having to run a higher verbosity level.

Add something like -v4 to your DSDPlus commandline and see if you get aliases.

mike

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
I don't know for sure, but it might be as simple as you having to run a higher verbosity level.

mike

Alrighty, thank you! I'll try that & update shortly...

BM82557

For a P25 system I monitor the aliases have to be added manually to the DSDPLUS.groups file. Here's an example -

P25, 0, 1145, 50, Normal, 489, 2017/04/11 13:47, "Berkeley County Fire TAC 7"

The format is -

protocol, networkID, group, priority, override, hits, timestamp, "group alias"

I don't know about NXDN

Now I know that NXDN aliases are auto-generated, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
NXDN does them automatically Over-the-Air as long as the system is set up for it, which this NXDN system is set up for it. I am also getting Radio GPS coordinates without any issue, just not Radio Alias names or Talkgroup names...

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

mike

Mike, the -v4 didn't work, still getting the same thing. Decodes everything else just fine even GPS coords, no Aliases... Thanks for the suggestion! :)

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
For a P25 system I monitor the aliases have to be added manually to the DSDPLUS.groups file. Here's an example -

P25, 0, 1145, 50, Normal, 489, 2017/04/11 13:47, "Berkeley County Fire TAC 7"

The format is -

protocol, networkID, group, priority, override, hits, timestamp, "group alias"

I don't know about NXDN

Now I know that NXDN aliases are auto-generated, sorry for the confusion.

No need to apologize, I welcome your input and am happy you took the time to try to help!!

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm I can monitor the same system and sites as the OP and do get radio aliases with the same command line switches as he's using. So that (to me) rules out a system or site issue.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you just monitoring the control channel? Because aliases are only sent on the voice channels....

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Are you just monitoring the control channel? Because aliases are only sent on the voice channels....

Hmmm Well that might have just cracked the case... I only was monitoring the Control Channel, I wasn't expecting any data to be sent over the Voice Channels, but I totally forgot on Digital signals data CAN be sent over voice as well. Similar to a 1-freq Trunk that acts as a Control and Voice... Let me hook up my 2nd Dongle and use that as voice and see if it makes any difference! :) I'm used to Unitrunker and programming Motorola radios & pagers, so I'm new to this whole DSD+ thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.