• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

DSD-Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, please, is the latest news re. DSD for Linux?

I read the Ubuntu post but am interested in running it under Puppy Linux on a laptop/netbook or (if possible) under Linux on a BeagleBone-Black or a RaspberryPi

Thanks!

David

What, please, is the latest news re. DSD for Linux?

I read the Ubuntu post but am interested in running it under Puppy Linux on a laptop/netbook or (if possible) under Linux on a BeagleBone-Black or a RaspberryPi

Thanks!

David
It won't run on a raspberry pi, I have it running on a MK808 android TV stick running picuntu and custom compiled kernel with oss audio enabled. I've stopped playing with that at the moment as I am working on the NXDN trunked voice decoding.

Are dsd-1.4.1-src.tar & mbelib-1.2.3-src.tar (Digital Speech Decoder 1.4 Copyright (C) 2010 DSD Author) the latest & greatest for Linux?

Why not the RaspberryPi, please?

What about the BeagleBone-Black?

Did you post details as to your MK808 success?

Last edited:
Are dsd-1.4.1-src.tar & mbelib-1.2.3-src.tar (Digital Speech Decoder 1.4 Copyright (C) 2010 DSD Author) the latest & greatest for Linux?

Why not the RaspberryPi, please?

What about the BeagleBone-Black?

Did you post details as to your MK808 success?
I have my own versions of DSD.

Raspberry pi is too slow.
BeagleBone-Black will also be too slow.

Cortex-A9 dual core (RK3066) @ 1.6Ghz is about the minimum CPU you need.

Whatever you use I found it easiest to compile a custom kernel with oss enabled rather than using pulse audio.

I have it running ok on the MK808, it does have an occasional crash but is pretty good.

I also tried to get it running on a Nexus 7 with ubuntu installed but pulse audio wouldn't play ball and I never got round to trying to compile a custom kernel for it.

I picked up a cheap tablet last week with an RK3066 CPU in it, not had time to try that yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.